Thread: Manchester

Default Manchester

while mrs.c looked around the shops i had opportunity to film the street artist, buskers and weirdos around Deansgate, Cross street, Market street and Piccadilly.

With the sun low in the sky i just love the late afternoon light at this time of year. shot on the HX9V.

Blog Entries

Oddly compelling. Love the evening light - very nice indeed.

Blog Entries

Very enjoyable. it's given me an idea
    Tim

I wasn't so compelled, theres lots of lovely shots in there, suits the music, however it tended to linger on a few things a little bit too long - the dancing orange man and his companion felt slightly uncomfortable as his companion became more aware of the camera, I would cut that bit shorter definitely, there were a few more as well that lingered for too long, but I got distracted and have run out of time to go through again.
    Must revisit.
    Apologies to be so brief :/
    just a pacing thing for me, but very pretty.

nice.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzymuffin View Post
    I wasn't so compelled, theres lots of lovely shots in there, suits the music, however it tended to linger on a few things a little bit too long - the dancing orange man and his companion felt slightly uncomfortable as his companion became more aware of the camera, I would cut that bit shorter definitely, there were a few more as well that lingered for too long, but I got distracted and have run out of time to go through again.
    Must revisit.
    Apologies to be so brief :/
    just a pacing thing for me, but very pretty.

nice.

i agree some of the scenes do linger, and too muxh zooming and what about the focusing issues ...... there is another (even longer) version that uses only the original audio and no music track but TBH i feel the music track makes the film. this is only a quick "mix" i have a full length Manchester documentary (in progress) filmed over a couple of years. every time i think i can finish it i get more usable footage to add.

I was in Deansgate today ! but it didn't look as beautiful as you made it look. I agree with Fuzzy that the busker shot lasted too long but I thought you looked inside the guts mind after he noticed you with the camera which brought an uncomfortable raw edge to the piece. I was so captivated with the images I didn't notice the zooms or focus issues.

there is another (even longer) version that uses only the original audio
    You could use that for your Britain in a Day shoot.

I thought the music fitted really well with the slow mo and slow pace of the edit.

I enjoyed it so much I looked at it again with a more critical eye. A couple of shots where ever exposed like 1:00 but it's hard not to do that when shooting into the sun. If you are going to zoom right in try and find some sort of support like a wall. Yes there was some focusing issues. BUT the overall piece carried all the little errors that I mentioned. I love the drums coming in with the shot of the busker. What would have really been great is if you could have somehow matched the buskers actions to the track for example, a slow mo close up of him hitting something in time with a cymbal crash.

Not only can you do nature, you can also do urban landscapes.

Well done.