Thread: vegas pro 9 project settings for mltiple video sizes

Default vegas pro 9 project settings for mltiple video sizes

Hi guys,

this is my first post on this forum.

i will try to explain this in the best detail i can. i have sony vegas pro 9. i have 2 video sources. the first is a jvc everio gm-505u (somthing like that), it is a widescreen internal hard drive storage camera. the other camera source is a panasonic grv-70???, it is a dv tape camera. i am producing a multi camera project. 4 camera angle's 2 from the everio jvc and 2 from the panasonic DV camcorders. this is a video for a beatles tribute band concert.

i import the .mov files into the computer from my jvc and change them to avi's, no problem. then i have video captured the DV files with the sony capture program,(i have also used cyberlink power director 8, seems to work better) both of these do not give a options other than dv-avi as an output.

once in vegas i have noticed that the jvc files are 1.2xxxxx and the DV files are .91xxxx. the jvc files fll the screen while the DV files are letterboxed.

what i need to accomplish is have all the video the same size. i have changed them all to the NTSC widescreen size (1.2xxxx) in the individual clip properties, this makes the letter boxing less noticible and eliminates the black bars on the sides of the video , but of course stretches the video.

i have used the cropping features to crop to the right size and everything seems fine, until i use the multi camera track tool. at this point all of the cropping information is lost( vegas warns that this will happen) and all video becomes letterboxed again , with the exception of the jvc footage

i dont have the spec's for the initial project settings( home computer), is there a way to get back to the project settings page and can they be changed after the project is in progress?

being extremely new to this, please go easy on me, im trying to self teach here during my spare time.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    curt

i guess the other option is to crop and pan every shot after the multi camera track is completed? hey , im from Canada by the way.
    Last edited by zook250; 11-15-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zook250 View Post
    i dont have the spec's for the initial project settings( home computer), is there a way to get back to the project settings page and can they be changed after the project is in progress?
    Several:
    File | Properties
    OR
    Project Video Properties btton top left of the Preview window
    OR
    Alt+Enter

However none of these is going to fix your problem. Are the files from the Mini-DV squashed or do they look right - just letterboxed? And are they actually letterboxed - suppose you play them in another media player?
    Some screen shots might help.
    Tim

Just go to those clips and match aspect ratio on ur timeline