Thread: Please help! Easy problem, files not loading in timeline.

Default Please help! Easy problem, files not loading in timeline.

Im using Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum "Production Suite" and i'm having issues with dragging and dropping my captured gameplay into the timeline. I capture gameplay via my HD PVR and it is saved to a specific folder based off of the game im playing at the moment. the problem arises though when i go to the Explorer tab in Movie Studio and try to drag the gameplay file into the timeline. it will have the red circle w/ line though it and wont let me! so when i double click the file to open it, it says "an error occurred while opening one or more files". it wont give me a reason. HOWEVER, when i upload videos i shot on my GoPro camera, those will open just fine for me to edit. i dont get why my capture footage isnt opening?!?!?!?!?!?! One bit of useful info is that when i click on the GoPro footage, Movie Studio recognizes it and gives me stats on the file, but not for the HD PVR footage. Please any help is appreciated! Thank you.

It looks like you don't have the codec to edit the files from the PVR. Or it is in a format that Sony doesn't support. (unlikely)

Thanks! i Figured it out lol. turns out i had to Cap the gameplay in AVCHD file format and not MP4 so it could be recognized by Sony. Thanks for your feedback!