Thread: What makes live worth living

Talking What makes live worth living

I filmed everything with my GoPro I hope and guess most of you know a GoPro is, for you who don't: Its the most used actionsport camera in the world.

Interesting. The quality is good, colours look nice. A few questions - why does it start with a scene, black out, then return to the scene? You've got two shots in the glider (looks like?), one of the kart, one of the bike and three of the water... The narrative feels all over the place. A few different shots / angles of each hobby centering on a classic feature, or an essence (like the chain of the bike or tarmac ripping past) would make each entry into your perfect world easier for us to empathise with.
    Thanks for sharing

I agree with the above. The fade to black, although it was on the beat of the music it lasted too long on the first and last shots.

Blog Entries

Agree with he above. It needs context and variety to keep our interest. This is particularly true as the position of the go pro obscure much of the view.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    It needs context and variety to keep our interest.
    I think the context is in the title of the post "What makes life worth living". With that in mind the film makes a bit more sense - it's an insight into what makes the maker,tick.
    Unfortunately that title doesn't appear in the film and so the whole context is lost.
    Tim

Blog Entries

I don't disagree that the title sets the context. And that context would be fine provided the images themselves were stunning. That they are not means that something else is needed. For example whilst the actions themselves are certainly exciting, the viewpoints chosen don't enhance the experience. They don't make me feel, "wow". And that'd counter to the title of the film.

For something like this to work (long series of continuous sequences) the visuals need to be stunning - rather like a time lapse. For me the video needs to edited to bring about the joie de vivre that the poster is trying to achieve.

Thanks for the replies and tips guys, I really appriciaite it

I agree with having different clips to create some variety would most likley made the intrest bigger. The movie was threwn together by a few clips from the past year that I've had the camera! It shows a few things in life that I think make it worth living

Im going to try to collect some nice footage for another "slow" video Hope you liked it. I think its my best so far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    For me the video needs to edited to bring about the joie de vivre that the poster is trying to achieve.
    I agree about the images needing to be stunning, but I rather like the fact that the whole thing has been designed to play down the excitement. It brought to my mind someone sitting down relaxing on a summer evening, thinking about the things he enjoys doing in a calm and satisfied manner. The music rather suggests this.

I'm not suggesting it's a great video - far from it - just that I quite liked the approach.
    Tim