Thread: History of film editing technology

Default History of film editing technology

Hello , i'm gathering information,books about this particular topic. I'm writing my graduation work and i appreciate if you can help me in finding books about the technology through the years. Thank you ,king regards

Do you mean "digital"? - for if you include all cinematography, you will have to go back to the 19c . . . but then it was cut and ruin as the filmstock was brittle.
    If you are in London for the Olympics next year, you could try the British Library (apply in advance) - they are supposed to get every book published....

I need e-book ,lots of materials about the arhitecture od the technology,history of the editing technology ,since Muviola ,Steenbeck .. Thank you ,but it is imposible to go to England.

Поздрав.
    Last edited by prichina; 11-12-2011 at 04:44 AM.

With the greatest of respect, You can use Google to locate books on this subject, use wikipedia to find information about the authors before you buy the book.

You kind of need to research your own work, a reliance on others merely hinders your potential. WIth the sheer size of this subject, It really is worth digging into any and all resources you can find.

Just a quick link for you to try. These guys are VT not Film, but might help you in your quest.. BBC VT

@ollie80 , ah yes it helped me a little bit those links...in fact when i did serches on google it linked me couple of times there....anyway i've done my work in tuesday i'm going to defend my work, so that's it. I'm going to be an academy citizen in a week

Quote Originally Posted by prichina View Post
    @ollie80 , ah yes it helped me a little bit those links...in fact when i did serches on google it linked me couple of times there....anyway i've done my work in tuesday i'm going to defend my work, so that's it. I'm going to be an academy citizen in a week
    Hiya! Good luck with it all..

Quote Originally Posted by ollie80 View Post
    Hiya! Good luck with it all..
    Hey, Thank you.