Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand timelapse | critique please

1. Default New Zealand timelapse | critique please

I went to NZ over the summer and did alot of filming and also found some time to do a series of timelapses, this is the product of that. Please tell me what you thought of it and how I could improve it.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/31863120?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;a utoplay=1" width="550" height="234" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Last edited by paddybartram; 11-10-2011 at 09:15 AM.

2. Default

sorry im not sure how to embed on here

Much better than any of my timelapses, however you did get a good location lol

Blog Entries

Quite hypnotic. I love watching the clouds over the water.
    You've created an interesting look there - almost cartoon like in places. What did you do in post?
    Also how did you get the camera movement? Was this mechanical on panning and cropping in post.
    Tim

5. Default

Beautiful landscapes! I never been to New Zealand but is on my waiting list
    Good work!
    http://www.hdtimelapse.net - HD, 2K, 4K, 5K+, 8K- Time Lapse Stock Footage Royalty-Free

Just a couple of jump cuts at 0:54 and 1:01. some nice shots. I didn't think the music was right for the piece.

7. Default

there were a couple of cuts that weren't quite right but I did scroll through each cut frame by frame to make sure they were correct, I image the error occurred in processing and compression.

By jump cut I mean the clip you go to looks very similar to the clip you have just moved from.

9. Default

oh ok, ye i think with the first one I should have used some sort of transition so it was smoother and the second jump cut I think I should have cut out the second clip altogether. Definitely something to think about when I come to do another timelapse edit. Thank you for you feedback, it is always welcome.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Quite hypnotic. I love watching the clouds over the water.
    You've created an interesting look there - almost cartoon like in places. What did you do in post?
    Also how did you get the camera movement? Was this mechanical on panning and cropping in post.
    The panning was done in final cut by setting keyframes at the beginning and end of each clip and then zooming in a bit and setting the first keyframe with the clip dragged to one side and then the final keyframe drag to the other side of the clip. I hope this makes sense, if it doesn't I can do a longer explanation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast