Thread: Vegas Studio:- Reusing video Events,

Default Vegas Studio:- Reusing video Events,

I've made a short sequence using Pan/Crop Events with Keyframe and would like to use this clip in another project. It required precise timing and cutting etc so it's not that easy to repeat from scratch....

First, is it possible?
    Second How?

I see options to "PreRender" and Exporting to tape, PSP etc,. (none of which I have), but rather than spend much time over again, I'd hope a nifty Edited clip might be "Reused"
    Of course, I could just do it All-Over again . . . .

(I'm using Studio V10)

I have a similar Q re creating an opening "House Style" where all my vids will have an (identical) Grand Opening, and then the Film starts with its own titles, etc.
    The way I've done this is to create a short vid which I save as "Start"
    This can be used every time, remembering to Save As "NewProjectName" - then when I go to the Media Bins they are empty except one labeled "Start" which contains the AV for the few seconds of the Opening.
    In this way, I can't "by mistake" reuse part of the start sequence and the Media Bins are already there to fill-up.

Must I create a "Save As" then use that to hold the short grouped sequence - somehow I think there should be a better way. If it's saved as a "thingy" then I can just drop it in, without risking it being changed - but I do wonder if Ripple Editing might attack it.

Ideas please . . .
    Last edited by vidmanners; 11-08-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    I've made a short sequence using Pan/Crop Events with Keyframe and would like to use this clip in another project. It required precise timing and cutting etc so it's not that easy to repeat from scratch....

First, is it possible?
    Second How?
    If you simply want to use this section "as is" simply render it then import it into your new project.

If you want to have it as editable (eg you want it the but with different text, say), then open your existing project, then open Vegas again (a second instance) and open your new project in that.
    You can now copy and paste from one project to the other. Not many NLEs allow you to have two instances open and do ths. Neat eh?

EDIT: Not sure I fully understand the next part of your post, but what I think you want to do is as I've suggested above. Render your "Grand Opening" so you have a video file somewhare called "Grand Opening.avi" (or whatever format you use.
    Then you simply open your new project and drop that rendered file into it, just ike any other footage you've captured.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 11-08-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    Tim