Thread: Abseil Revisited

Blog Entries

Default Abseil Revisited

Something over a year ago I posted a 4 min film about a sponsored abseil. I vaguely promised the guy who runs the firm who put together these events, Welcome to Hatt Adventures | Hatt Adventures, a shorter edit if he wanted from promo purposes. As this wasn't filmed as an out and out promo, I kept the same "documentary" style, but selected the clips accordingly. A forthcoming 1 min compoetition at my club gave me another excuse to revisit the material.

Hopefully, i've addressed some of the criticisms levelled at the 4 min film and made something a bit slicker.

EDIT: THis is not the original video to which the first couple of comments refer. The "pencil drawing" effect has been removed after apparent threats to my credibility.

Last edited by TimStannard; 11-06-2011 at 11:52 PM.
    Tim

I think as a promo for the oganisation it works. Not sure about the pencil drawing effect at the begining but that's a personal taste thing.

Good job Tim.

Blog Entries

Thanks Midnight. The pencil drawing thing came about as I found too many different shots of the church didn't really work, but just using a couple and holding them on screen for too long was rather dull. Ideally I'd have liked to use a couple of similar length shots with movement. Whilst i had afew, none were against a deep blue sky. The Pencil drawing introduced a bit of "movement" and I thought looked quite good with the Olde English script.
    Tim

snappy and straight to the point .... just how it should be !

the pencil effect is horrendous .... sorry Tim

Blog Entries

OK. I'm not too proud to admit when I'm wrong. New version being rendered as I type....and it's replaced the earlier version.
    As you probably know I'm not really a fan of FX, but I thought line drawings for old buildings seemed quite appropriate. Clearly not (or not in this context maybe).
    Last edited by TimStannard; 11-06-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Tim

Better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Better.
    Yeah, well, the "client" prefers it too. I guess I just lack taste when it comes to my own stuff
    Tim

Great effort on the vid and the money raised!