Thread: Anybody interested in a meet at the BVE on 16th?

1. Default Anybody interested in a meet at the BVE on 16th?

I'll be attending the BVE North in Manchester on the 16th November. Does anyone fancy an informal meet up for a coffee and chat?

2. Default

Over 200 views yet nobody is interested in meeting, I must say I'm a bit disappointed. I thought there might be someone on this forum who'd be there and fancy a coffee and a chat in real life.

Blog Entries

I think the msot we've got together at one of these things has been three. And that was at an event in London. I suspect if people are going to attend, then they might make te effort to meet up, but of 200 people who view a post, I doubt there's amyone who would be considering attending. Remember the post is visible to about 3 billion people so 200 isn't that many
    Tim

Or they all live in the south and are waiting for the London BVE

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Remember the post is visible to about 3 billion people so 200 isn't that many
    That's a very optimistic number. It may be available to the whole web-world but I doubt that many people actually visit judging by the very low level of activity here and the fact that the same half dozen names make most of the contributions. Besides which I'd have thought that the 200+ who did read the thread must have some interest as the title was very specific in describing what I was asking. I guess that the forum may be very southern biased, or there are few who visit trade/industry expos, or people aren't prepared to disclose themselves in the real world.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThomTom View Post
    That's a very optimistic number. It may be available to the whole web-world but I doubt that many people actually visit judging by the very low level of activity
    That was exactly the point I'm making.

And ...
    whilst i agree the title is specific, clicking on it might be for a couple of reasons which don't necessarily mean they have an interest in going.
    1. Like me (What's BVE and if I'm interested, where is it?
    2. Like I tend to do in other sections, clicking on the link even though I'm not interested simply to mark it a "read" so i don't have to read it again.
    I'd guess you're right about a souther bias though I can think of three regular posters off the top of my head who hailfrom north of Watford.
    Tim