Thread: Increase Audio Volume Output On MP4 File

Exclamation Increase Audio Volume Output On MP4 File

I have an MP4 video the volume of which is very low after I uploaded it to You Tube. It was low even before I uploaded it. I need to elevate the volume--i.e., the audio volume itself--so that when I upload it to You Tube it will have a greater volume potential--i.e., just be louder!

Thank you!

Use the volume controle in your editng software to increace the volume or some other 3rd part audio software. I'm guessing your new to video.

London, England

It's possible OP has run into the problem that Vegas Studio appear to limit the increase in volume, although they permit attenuation to zero.
    Vegas Studio permits +12db (and down to zero op). If the level is too low, I guess this +12dB won't help.

However, if you have the Vegas Studio Production Suite (or possibly Audacity...DYOR) the sound can be exported, changed dramatically and then returned. A word of warning: If there is any sync involved, do not alter the length of the clip (for example by "cutting" out handling clicks, or adding "Silence" to space-out sound FX) - use the volume control (SoundForge use Process/volume) - then the clip can be saved and returned exactly the same length, but now expertly trimmed and tweaked.

Fine-tuning of levels can be done in Vegas Studio, once low-levels are somewhat higher.

BTW I find 90% of YouTube vids are too quiet - Browsers appear to understand only making the level lower.... odd that, like brightness - no control at all . . . I wonder why?