Thread: Trying to edit out weird candy-cane striped guitar strings in this video, please help

Default Trying to edit out weird candy-cane striped guitar strings in this video, please help

Hi there,

Im a guitarist who just took a video of one of my songs and for some reason the guitar strings seem candy-cane striped. I used the Cannon rebel t1i to take it with the 720 / 1280 setting. Any insight on how to fix this problem in post production??? Im using Sony Vegas to edit.

Here's the link to a bad picture and the way it should look
    http://manelijamal.com/tst.jpg

Blog Entries

This loooks to me like interlace issues.

If you are cropping, you must de-interlace the footage (File | Project Properties | Video tab | De-interlace mentod - choose interpolate or blens, test to see which works best for you)
    If you are not cropping and the format of your edited piece is the same format as your source, you don't need to - the preview window will show this, but the renderedresult will not.
    However, I believe you might as well leave the project set to de-interlace as Vegas will only do it where necessary.
    Tim

I would normally agree with what Tim has said BUT because you are using the Canon t1 I thought the problem might be aliasing, because of the sensor processing. See article HERE. I hope that it will solve with de-interlacing the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I would normally agree with what Tim has said BUT because you are using the Canon t1 I thought the problem might be aliasing, because of the sensor processing. See article HERE. I hope that it will solve with de-interlacing the video.
    Im pretty sure it is aliasing here. The article didn't say how to fix it though did it? Is there a way to hide it in post?