Thread: Cannon Rebel t1i video taking problem with guitar strings

Default Cannon Rebel t1i video taking problem with guitar strings

Hi there,

Im a guitarist who just took a video of one of my songs and for some reason the guitar strings seem candy-cane striped. I used the Cannon rebel t1i to take it with the 720 / 1280 setting. Any insight on how to fix this problem in post production??? Im using Sony Vegas to edit.

Here's the link to a bad picture and the way it should look
    http://manelijamal.com/tst.jpg

This is a known problem with big sensor cameras, it's called "Aliasing". I'm not a technical expert but I believe it is caused by the way the image is processed. Because a large sensor gathers more image information than can be used for video, it will take out every other line of information. This is one of the drawbacks of using a DSLR camera for video. I don't know how you can get round this problem with your camera. Perhaps changing the camera angle might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    This is a known problem with big sensor cameras, it's called "Aliasing". I'm not a technical expert but I believe it is caused by the way the image is processed. Because a large sensor gathers more image information than can be used for video, it will take out every other line of information. This is one of the drawbacks of using a DSLR camera for video. I don't know how you can get round this problem with your camera. Perhaps changing the camera angle might help.
    Just read an article saying that a good way to get rid of it is by actually defocusing just a touch so the camera doesn't receive too much information. Good idea, now I have to try it!