Thread: Pinnacle Studio HD15 won't install - file won't write to "My Videos"

Default Pinnacle Studio HD15 won't install - file won't write to "My Videos"

I'd be most grateful for a fix to this problem.
    The Installation disc for Pinnacle Studio HD 15 [which claims to be compatible with Windows XP Sp3, the system I am running) gets thwarted at the point where it tries to write two files (including OurNatureAdventure.mpg.scn ) to C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/ Documents/ My Videos.
    It claims that I do not have permission to write to this directory. I have had a look at the directory in Windows explorer and cannot figure out what must be and can be changed to fix this problem. The inability to write these two files PREVENTS the installation - you end up inevitably unrolling all that has been done to that point, and total frustration!!
    Among the many irritating things about this is that the two files are superfluous files used as demos, and if I could choose not to install them, I would. (I know this because I had version 14 on, uninstalling it just prior to trying to install version 15, which I would not have had to bother with if version 14 was able to edit mp4 files as it was supposed to but didn't .....)
    Last edited by RickyH; 10-30-2011 at 08:17 AM. Reason: missing file name

Unhappy Thwarted installation of Studio HD15 still unsolved

I still have not been able to Studio HD15 to install on my desktop, despite using a brand new disc from Avid.
    Part-way through installation, I get the following messages:Error 1310 Error writing to file
    C/documents and settings/all users/ documents/ my videos/ OurNatureAdventure.mpg.scn
    Verify that you have access to that directory.

Then if “ignore”, a very similar error 1304 (.scn omitted)

There is no way of getting past this – retry does not work and there is no “ignore” - you end up having to press cancel and it rolls back the installation leaving you with nothing.