Thread: Halloween maniac!

Cool Halloween maniac!

HALLOWEEN MANIAC!

yeah, so i made a short Halloween video as i always do, didnt really get to do what i wanted so i just improvised it and did my best.

judging by the sound quality in the vocal parts i think my cameras mic is gradually getting worse :( not sure why but all i know is i need my new mic SOON!

other than that erm enjoy haha

I liked the way the psycho came out of the dark at the beginning. The black out lasted a little to long. I think you should have used a long shot in the shed as an establishing shot first then go for the close up and POV shot. The shot of the psycho talking in the shed just needs to be re-shot as you can't hear anything and it is badly over exposed.

The black out with the glugging sound lasted too long and then when we come back to the victim shot after it, the colour is totally different to the previous shots. I think the transition from actor to presenter could have been done better if when we came back from the black out, you was still in characters and the lighting/colouring was the same. Then change the lighting/colouring as you look at the camera to say you stuff.

Any way I think this is far to much of a critique than is warranted for a video like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I liked the way the psycho came out of the dark at the beginning. The black out lasted a little to long. I think you should have used a long shot in the shed as an establishing shot first then go for the close up and POV shot. The shot of the psycho talking in the shed just needs to be re-shot as you can't hear anything and it is badly over exposed.

The black out with the glugging sound lasted too long and then when we come back to the victim shot after it, the colour is totally different to the previous shots. I think the transition from actor to presenter could have been done better if when we came back from the black out, you was still in characters and the lighting/colouring was the same. Then change the lighting/colouring as you look at the camera to say you stuff.

Any way I think this is far to much of a critique than is warranted for a video like this.
    thanks man. yeh i agree with that haha. i would have but it would of been a case of putting the camera outside the door and the lighting just wouldnt of worked properly because i woulda had to do it other way round as it only has a fixed view like that unless i zoom in which obviously is the opposite of what i needed. and yeh as explained my mic is getting worse first came crackling now its just not picking up sound as well i dunno whats wrong with it i mean ive had it about a year but still :P and as for lighting i dont have any real studio lights this was just the fixed shed light and i didnt have anything to softbox it with so i just made due with the over exposure haha and yeh i kinda wish id done the colours fading into the presenter part rather than what i did now but cheers mate ill keep that in mind if i do something like that at the end of another one.

haha not to worry mate the whole point of me joining was to get the opinions of other video makers.