Thread: Problems using Pinnacle Studio 9 SE.

Default Problems using Pinnacle Studio 9 SE.

Can anyone explain to me why after capturing, editing, rendering and burning to DVD an hours worth of video, the end result is sound out of sync. and the picture jumps occasionally. I've done the exact same process for about 10mins worth without any problems, anything over 10 - 15min and the problem reoccurrs.
    previewing the movie before rendering and burning to DVD plays fine

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark.
    PC Specifications: Dell Dimension 4700. P4 2.8Ghz 2 x 512Mb SDRAM. 1 x 160Gb Hard Drive. 1 x 250Gb External Hard Drive For Video Editing. Graphics:- Radeon X300 Series. Windows XP SP2.
    Philips DVD8631 DVDRW and HLDS GDR-8163B CD / DVD ROM

I'm not sure of this, but how is your external drive linked? It's the most likely cause of video/audio drift.

Also, are your original clips on this drive, as well as your intended finished movie?

Exporting to the same drive as your captured stuff isn't the best way to go. Isn't there some advice on the Studio9 helpfile about it?

My external hard drive is connected by USB 2, however my first attempt was before I connected an external hard drive, the end result being the same.
    I'll have to study the help files more!!

Thanks....
    PC Specifications: Dell Dimension 4700. P4 2.8Ghz 2 x 512Mb SDRAM. 1 x 160Gb Hard Drive. 1 x 250Gb External Hard Drive For Video Editing. Graphics:- Radeon X300 Series. Windows XP SP2.

Blog Entries

Make sure you've installed the latest patches and updates - Pinnacle Studio is known to be buggy.

Other than that, I can only offer the generic, "make sure you defrag your hard drive" answer.

You could even try using different DVD media.

have you updated the software? I have SE and the audio was out of sync until I installed the ver 9.4.3 update, then it was "better"

Thanks For Looking and taking the time to reply.

I haven't yet installed any updates, but if anyone can convince me that it will cure the problem then I will. You say it's better, which could mean there's some improvement but not perfect.
    Since I first looked in to Video editing, using this forum, I've herd many a bad story about Pinnacle SE9. Can any one recommend any other kind of editing software?

Thanks Again
    Mark.

that update improves audio and video quality greatly. I noticed about a split second difference on my test dvd, but everyone else didn't notice.....could have been because I was about 6" away from the tv watching it like a hawk.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dazedandconfused
    ...could have been because I was about 6" away from the tv watching it like a hawk.....
    That's when you know you've got the editing bug in a bad way...

ha yeah, actually I video taped a friends wedding last yr on a couple sony hi-8 camcorders. well, I kinda got sidetracked getting things in order for my twins that should be home anyday now. I was just going to tranfer to tape until I bought a DVD burner and now I'd like to give them something better, especially since its been this long. I'm just anal about quality, regardless of what it is. I'm currently looking for a good video capture card for $100 or under