Thread: Couple of Editing Questions

1. Default Couple of Editing Questions

1. How do I alter the time a clip takes? In other words, how do I speed up or slow down an individual clip?
    2. I realize this is much more complicated, and may take time, but I'd really like to learn. How could I make an object (for my purposes a monster truck) fall onto another object and seemingly crush it(in this case a car)? Once again, I know it will be difficult, but I think I'm ready for it. If anyone could give me lessons or something, I'd really appreciate it! I might even be able to pay some (It wouldn't be much-I only have about $50 at the time(I'm only 14, so I don't have much money)).
    3. This has been bugging me for a long time-how do I make a hologram? The video below has pretty much what I'm looking for. In the end, I want to make a "futuristic" gladiator battle, with holograms displayed with multiple weapon & armor setups, which are then taken from the hologram and the fighting proceeds.

Any help would be great. Thanks for all your imput!
    By the way, my YouTube channel is MichiganCooper to approximately measure my skill level and such. Once again, Thanks!
    Note: I use Adobe After Effects CS5.5
    Last edited by MichiCoop; 10-26-2011 at 11:50 PM.

1. Look up "time remapping" in the help documents (and also "pixel motion") In many help docs from Adobe there are further links to tutorials etc.

2.+3. There are many free tutorials about stuff like holograms and crashes on this site: VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals

Also use Google to find solutions, everything After Effects is covered really well somewhere on the web, both in video and written tutorials.
    Last edited by cutter; 11-01-2011 at 10:42 AM.