Thread: Video Editing/Directing Career Advice

Default Video Editing/Directing Career Advice

Hey guys, to start sorry if this is in the wrong section, but i couldnt find a thread were i could advice for career options.

So the ultimate dream is to become a music video director/editor, i love everything in music videos the effects, the motions, the contrasts it's all a dream.

I'll be heading out of school soon and i just want to know what i would want to be studying, whats that kind of area called? |

I live in australia also, here is the site that handles the courses, a quick search will be greatly appreciated,

TAFE SA : Search Courses

Thank you so much in advance.

The only advice I will give you is to have your head in the clouds but keep your feet on the ground. The kind of dream you have is great so long as you realise it is at the moment just a dream. If you want to make it come true it is up to you to make it happen. Doing a course may or may not help as half the time it's who you know not what you know that gets you places in the media world but if you do choose one that offers the most practical experience in making videos and avoid ones which offer general media knowledge.

I am not an industry expert but I would guess there is not enough work out there to keep you in business just making pop videos. So realise you will have to also do more mundane work to feed your real passion.