Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Videos having laggy/wavy motion after rendering.

Default Videos having laggy/wavy motion after rendering.

Hey, I came here a while ago with a problem regarding my video bouncing up and down frequently (here's the thread: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...ix-please.html) and the solution was to set all the field orders to None (Progressive Scan). You see, I record an MPEG file with Dazzle and then when I put it into Vegas 9 Pro and render it as an MPEG file, it would come out bouncing up and down. Then when I set the field order it to None (Progressive Scan) on the raw file, the project properties and rendering properties it would start becoming all wavy and laggy (as in the motion, especially in the backgrounds, would look as if it was doubled; the audio is fine though); and when uploaded to Youtube it would look even worse (large lines replace the 'double images').

So what can I do to make it so that when I render the video, it just comes out normally like it should? The field order, to begin with, is 'Upper Field First', and I want to render it as either MPEG or WMV.

If you require any further specifications, either check back to the other thread I posted, or just ask.

(Sorry for starting a new thread for this, the other one seemed dead and I doubt that anyone would reply there now).

It's not the quality that's hindered; it can look perfect or pixellated; but the problem is that it's still all laggy/wavy.
    It's got something to do with the field order.

Wait; may it have something to do with the 'Motion Blur Type' in the project properties?
    It was on Pyramid and now I've changed it to Gaussian; I'll report back if the problem is fixed.

Okay, just rendered the video with Gaussian Blur and 'best' quality settings, and it still has the same problem.

The thing is, is that I usually have two or more raw files to put into the whole video, and the weird laggy motion only applies for the first file; even though the second one has the exact same settings. Why does it only happen for the first file in the timeline?

Have you tried "deinterlacing" the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    Have you tried "deinterlacing" the video?
    I now tried it and the video looks better on Youtube; but it's still having the same problem. I used 'Blend Fields' by the way; I heard that interpolating them makes everything jagged.
    It looks a bit smoother now and more watch-able, but I just want to know why this is happening after rendering. The raw file itself is perfectly fine, so why does rendering cause this to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeiiii View Post
    Why does it only happen for the first file in the timeline?
    Are they both the same file format? I.e they are both PAL-DV? Are they both from the same camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    Are they both the same file format? I.e they are both PAL-DV? Are they both from the same camera?
    I record the footage with Dazzle, which is a capture card. And I take short breaks every now and then which is why I usually have 2 or more clips to put together. They are both under the exact same settings, just a different title (one is 1, the next is 2, etc.).

Providing you are setting the project properties to match the raw footage. Then when rendering if it is High def select upper-field first or None progressive. If it is Standard def set the filed order to lower field first. That's the usual procedure for this type of situation. Make sure you have matched the raw footage settings for frame rate as well as field order. What you are describing sounds like classic interlace artifacts or combing. It should be handled following the above. If not we might need to see a lot more info about your project.

The only time I have ever had this problem, after having all the correct settings, was found to be some sort of conflict going one between a transition and an FX.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast