Thread: Issue with whole window??????

Exclamation Issue with whole window??????

Basically, I open Premiere Pro and The purple box shows with a transparent bit where the loaded components bit is meant to be. Then when it opens, the pop up window is transparent and I see the desktop. I then have to move the whole pop-up window off the screen and then bring it back before I can do anything and I have to do this for everything in Premiere pro. Every window and thing. Even the main window. When I click on a preset for the project settings, i have to move the window off screen and then bring it back before I can see what has happened. This is okay but when it comes it editing its literally impossible. Just installed CS4 since that's all my computer can support. What's wrong??

2. Default

Try Window>Workspace>Reset Current Workspace. I hope that helps.
    Kevin Monahan
    Sr. Content and Community Lead
    Adobe After Effects - Adobe Premiere Pro
    Adobe Systems, Inc.
    San Francisco, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Monahan View Post
    Try Window>Workspace>Reset Current Workspace. I hope that helps.
    No that did not work. It happens from as soon as it opens...The windows where it says New Project, Open Project etc... Its CS4 by the way. I have no idea whats its called but its impossible to work around...
    Last edited by ak1196; 10-25-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Basically look at the image here - pic3-2.png picture by ak1196 - Photobucket

And you can see my dilemma. All i've done is move half off the screen and brought it back which means only half is shown. Pleas e help. I want to use it but now I might just not bother.

5. Default

Looks like the screen resolution or something is wrong in the OS. If it's on the Premiere Pro side, you may want to delete your preference files: The Genesis Project : Premiere Pro CS5 maintenance – two great tips!
    Kevin Monahan
    Adobe Systems, Inc.
    San Francisco, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Monahan View Post
    Looks like the screen resolution or something is wrong in the OS. If it's on the Premiere Pro side, you may want to delete your preference files: The Genesis Project : Premiere Pro CS5 maintenance two great tips!
    I wish that would have fixed it but it didn't... Then after, I try to uninstall and reinstall it. Nope. :(

7. Default

I"m guessing something is wrong with your system then. Sorry I can't help more but I've never seen a problem like that.
    Kevin Monahan
    Adobe Systems, Inc.
    San Francisco, CA

It appears from this other thread that you started about the same issue that your problem is solved.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
    After Effects Help and Support
    Premiere Pro Help and Support
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it is. Thanks for all the help anyway.