Thread: Someone to edit my wedding DVDs as videographer has left unwanted bits in

1. Default Someone to edit my wedding DVDs as videographer has left unwanted bits in

Hi there. I have 2 wedding DVDs, one for the ceremony and other for reception. This was 6 years ago and we've been looking for someone to take 3 small 20 second clips out that are embareasing but we haven't found anyone. We took them back to original videographer who is a nightmare to deal with anyway (had to wait a year for them in the first instance) and he had recorded over the tapes originally with raw data with someone else's events.

He tried to edit from DVD but he said the picture had strobing in it and his software wasn't the best to do this.

Is there anyone in the Buckinghamshire area or west London area that can do this for me? Please.... Thanks

Unfortunate that your producer lost the original cam tapes (and masters?) as any re-edit will lose a little quality. You could try this company in MK
    If he's not too busy he's a helpful guy.
    megalith.tv - high quality video production services
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

I can do that, just need to know the items that need to be removed.

Do bear in mind the quality may be reduced due to the extra process.

I am based in Essex

Hi

We can do this effectively and rapidly, and are based in Cambridgeshire.

From a process point of view

1 - We extract the film content from the DVD using software (Handbrake for example)
    2 - We upscale (if required) and import into final cut pro
    3 - Offending scenes are edited out and blended in/out where appropriate
    4 - The final film is re-mixed with a Dolby Digital 2.0 soundtrack - as lots of people have a full digital setup these days - but we retain the original in case you can't decode AC3
    5 - A basic DVD is written with the new film and a simple set of menus
    6 - An alternative animated set of menus can also be written - this is much more engaging to play
    7 - We supply the new DVD's back to you

Quality is unlikely to suffer much, as we extract content digitally.

The re-worked films can be supplied back as media files - effectively giving you back the masters your previous supplier 'lost'.

Happy to chat further on this and please email me if you want more information.

Regards
    Shaun

Oops - forgot about Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    I can do that, just need to know the items that need to be removed.

Do bear in mind the quality may be reduced due to the extra process.

I am based in Essex
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Quote Originally Posted by shaun-reinson View Post
    Hi

Quality is unlikely to suffer much, as we extract content digitally.
    Hi Shaun,

Are you 100% sure there will be no reduction in quality if your source is DVD to edit and back to DVD, Also because you are ripping a compressed format, Up-scaling will surely make it look even worse no?
    Whilst from a layman's point of view "They can't tell" I think if you try to upscale 720x568 resolution up to anything higher, Even with DV-pal raw footage you will see a quality loss.

But feel free to point out where I'm wrong!

I was going to mention but wanted to avoid any conflict

Shaun is right that by ripping there will be no loss, as it a straight file copy.
    It is the transcoding that will incur losses.
    I am assuming a DV (avi) original and probably 4:3 as well

The client will have to decide if that is worth it

Transcoding is what degrades quality, but we keep it to a minimum do it in two passes and having done this a number of times I always say that quality won't suffer much

But we can create a new set of masters and retain quality for any future edits, although after 6 years i imagine most of the work has been done !!

9. Default

I've just completed a job where the only footage I could use was from a DVD sent from India. I ripped the .vobs straight into CS4 Premiere and made an uncompressed avi. Then edited it and re-encoded back to DVD through Encore. The result was projected onto an 120' plasma wall at a business seminar. I was able to clean the image with Neatvideo and adjust the contrast so that in the words of the organiser it "looked better than the original DVD".