Thread: Panasonic HDC-SD700 or HDC-TM900

Default Panasonic HDC-SD700 or HDC-TM900

Been looking at reviews and sample footage from the Panasonic HDC-SD700 and the Panasonic HDC-TM900 and they would seem like what im looking for shooting some car racing to make a few novice youtube vids. Just curious as to other peoples thoughts as i know nothing about camcorders but dont want to buy something and then realise i should of bought something else..............

Both of these are supposed to be good cameras with not much difference as far as I can see. I'm not a camera expert but I'm amazed at how good consumer cameras are getting these days. The quality and functionality for under 1,000 is very good. I'm sure you will be please with the results of either. Just make sure you use a tripod.

Yes i want a good tripod, reading reviews etc it said that the tm900 is the upgrade to the tm700 and they said there wasnt much of a differenct quality wise. Ive looked at video's from both of fast moving cars and they both look very well. Im leaning towards the tm900, the built in memory is a bonus. Would i need a external microphone for this or is the built in one enough............... the under 1000 is a nice price tag for me too

I noticed 2 different versions of this camcorder, one is 812 and the other is 699, both come with a free CLT1 3D lense. Only difference is on has 32 gig built in memory all the other specs are the same......
    Last edited by Anto Modded; 10-22-2011 at 04:01 PM.

It's hard for me to say if you need an external mic as I'm not sure the sort of thing you will be making. If it's just cars zooming around to a music track with a bit of ambient car sounds I would say the camera would probably be alright for that. BUT if you'll be doing commentry or other you will need an external mic.

Wont be using music, will be covering rallycross etc................ Must look into a raincover and decent tripod and head now aswell. Heading up north wednesday to buy this. Its 1299 euro in ireland, up north its 699 pounds with the 3d lense, so well worth a 2 hr drive up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anto Modded View Post
    I noticed 2 different versions of this camcorder, one is 812 and the other is 699, both come with a free CLT1 3D lense. Only difference is on has 32 gig built in memory all the other specs are the same......
    In this range the SD900 records to SD cards only, the TM900 records to SD card and also has 32GB internal memory and the HS900 records to internal hard disk and SD cards. Apart from hat they are fundamentally the same.
    If my memory serves me correctly the 900 series has a better image stabilisation than the 700.
    Tim

Is there a close equivalent to these in a Canon as i can get a good discount on Canon equipment.........

Yes, there are. Take a look at Canon Legria HF S21 or the slightly cheaper Canon LEGRIA HV40 these are not my recommendations as I've never use a Cannon but I've read good reviews about them.

They dont seem to have the best reviews............ maybe im just being too fussy.

I found a Panasonic hdc-sd800 for 600, seems like an ok price
    Last edited by Anto Modded; 10-24-2011 at 11:34 AM.

I went with the HDC-SD800.............to collect it tomorrow. Anyone know what class SD card i need, it mentions class 4 and class 10 on the panasonic site. I see the 32gig scandisc is 199 euro, is there other reliable makes i could look at