Thread: step by step approach for newbies..the dvd guides all very well but questions aplenty

Default step by step approach for newbies..the dvd guides all very well but questions aplenty

Newbie here, just looking through countless sonyvegas questions/answers..all very enlightening...many still using ver. 10...have plat. 11 myself.

Few issues, regards to bringing in footage into sony vegas. How can i guarentee i will get the best quality i can when i bring it in, despite different levels of AVCHD footage - ie, some stuff ive filmed at 1080/50 - other stuff isnt so high.

A step by step approach would be beneficial. I get lost very easily when it comes to rendering..the process scares me - as feels very spend so long on a project..render and seems....each copy you take from this render...downgrades it a little....this true or not?

You are asking a question which does not have a step by step/black & white/Yes,no answer.

What I do (which may or may not be the best) is, set the project properties for the best quality clips I have on the timeline. eg 1080-50i. Then some 720p, even a chance of 720 x576. I would set the project properties for the 1080-50i BUT I would only do this if I know the end video will be renered out at this resolution. If I know it's going to be put on a DVD I might set the project properties to Standard PAL widescreen. What you are asking is more to do with the alchemy side of editing where there is often many different opinions.

A Standard rule of thumb is to match the properties to the footage you have. AND renderout at the same properies.

What I suggest is put a small clip on the time line, try out some different render settings and see what you like best.