Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas 11 webcam question.

Default Vegas 11 webcam question.

Brand new here, so go easy on me. I'm not great with technical stuff.

Everything about my Production Suite works perfectly fine, except trying to record from my webcam. I simply cannot get Video Capture to record in widescreen. When I switch the preferences to Widescreen, it merely stretches the window wider, but then records in Standard, anyway.

I assume there is something simple and obvious that I'm just completely looking over, but any help I can get on this will be greatly appreciated.

It is. LifeCam Cinema.

The widescreen works just dandy in Movie Maker, but with that imp of a program, I can't adjust the brightness. My footage gets all blurry and annoying. All the camera commands and adjustments work just fine thru Vegas, but it's not giving me real widescreen.

Wow. 111 views, and the only reply was the equivalent of the cable company asking if my tv was plugged in.

Now THAT is a first impression.

perhaps those 111 visits do not know your answer did that occur to you?

Perhaps asking you the equivalent of asking if it is plugged in? was relevant because of your "I'm not great with technical stuff." no webcamera model number, type of connection, which version of Vegas 11 (PRO or MS), bit like saying I want to get somewhere and but I don't know where I am either, can you help me.

I am amazed on the amount of first posters who come expecting an answer for them straight away.

Oh, it occurred to me. Also occurred to me that someone might clarify that they don't have answer, or that they'd need more specific info to help. I didn't say "nobody has granted me an snwer yet? Outrageous!" I;m just stunned by the lack of...well, anything. Comments, questions...that kinda stuff. Being that I'm not a technical guy, you might think I'm not sure what bits to dole out...or didn't that occur to you?

And...really. 111 views is "straight away"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kablam View Post
    Also occurred to me that someone might clarify that they don't have answer, or that they'd need more specific info to help.
    What possible use would 111 posts saying "Sorry, I can't help" be? It would only clutter up the forum.
    And 111 viewers is not very many.

Let's assume that everyone who looks at this section is a Vega user (not necessarily so, but lets assume so)
    I'd suggest, based on posts here, that 90% use Vegas to edit stuff they have captured from a camcorder.
    Of the remaining 10% I suspect a quarter are editing stuff they've ripped from DVD or the internet and the other three quarters are trying to edit game footage thay have captured using fraps or similar.
    In several years of reading every post on this section, I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of posts I've read where people are trying to capture using a webcam.

That doesn't mean no-one else can help you, but it might give you an indicaton as to why no-one has been able to help yet.

You're clearly not likely to get a quick response now so I suggest you try contacting Sony Creative Software and raise a suppor ticket.

...Oh, by the way, they'll probably ask you for the camera details ...
    Last edited by TimStannard; 10-28-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typos (as usual)
    Tim

Tim, you can add the "I wasn't very interested" thought. If I'm not interested, should I respond by saying that?

I think you should say it Grazie, gave the guy a link and not a thank you in sight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast