Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: flim by you just try

Cool flim by you just try

Wedding videos, until now, have been dull, boring and not something everybody would want to watch - even your friends and family. Nobody really ever talks to the camera. Why?
    Most people feel uncomfortable being filmed by people they don't know.
    Film By You are very proud to offer you an awesome alternative!
    Anyone can use a video camera, but most people do not have the skills to edit the footage into something special. That's where we come in!
    We are not like the millions of wedding videographers all of our energy and enthusiasm goes into creating a personal, professional, and totally pimped up wedding video all of your friends will love! Our expert editorís credentials are second to nobody - you won't find a cheesy slow motion shot in our wedding videos!
    We're the next generation helping to, for the very first time, put the 'cool' into wedding videos! Your family and friends will be seriously impressed.

Our Editing Staff:

We know people work best when they have somewhere inspirational & fun to work. Our Engine House editing suit has proved inspirational to everyone - including our clients who are often here working alongside our designers.
    We watch ALL of your wedding video footage, pick out the best bits and use our creative genius to turn your wobbly 6 hours of wedding video footage into a wedding video masterpiece

Email : info@film-by-you-co.uk
    phone number : 08436277963
    Engine House
    343 Roundhay Road
    Leeds
    West Yorkshire
    LS8 4BU
    England

Weddings Videography, Weddings Videographer | Weddings Videography, Stag Party Videos
    Last edited by movie_expert; 11-13-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: i was put wrong link here now wroking link added

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by movie_expert View Post
    Wedding videos, until now, have been dull, boring and not something everybody would want to watch - even your friends and family.
    Who says they're dull? Mine aren't. And in fact, most decent wedding videographers aren't either. And I have to say - Auntie Gladys who's 93 and bed ridden so couldn't get to the wedding probably won't be wanting to watch a shaky hand held video, no matter how cool the edit. Horses for courses.

Nobody really ever talks to the camera
    They do in mine. And again - they do in most wedding videos these days. But they won't in yours unless the friend remembers to film it or isn't so drunk by the end of night that he or she simply can't be arsed. And will they have a decent microphone? And will they be trained in how to get sound levels correct?

We are not like the millions of wedding videographers all of our energy and enthusiasm goes into creating a personal, professional, and totally pimped up wedding video all of your friends will love!
    All our energy goes into making the same. Wedding videographers don't just rock up and film with the aim of making something impersonal or unprofessional.

Our expert editorís credentials are second to nobody
    But even the best editor can't polish a turd. Get rubbish footage you'll struggle as anyone else would.

you won't find a cheesy slow motion shot in our wedding videos!
    Why is slow motion cheesy? If the editor crammed lots in to a wedding video it would be, but a single, well composed and thought out shot in slow motion shot can be very evocative indeed.

You shouldn't dismiss things because they don't fit in to your perception of 'cool'. That indicates a blinkered approach to the edit.

We're the next generation helping to, for the very first time, put the 'cool' into wedding videos!
    Just because something is filmed professionally, doesn't automatically mean it's not 'cool'.

Your family and friends will be seriously impressed.
    Only IF the filmed material is watchable.

There is a market for what you're doing I agree. Certainly Hilary whatsit in Dragons Den thought so.

What I do object to though is you feeling the need to slag off the profession in order to gain work. It's a wide open market place. Instead of casting negativity about, why don't you focus on the positives of what you offer? Sadly, in order to level the playing field a little I've had to point out the negatives of home shot videos. If you'd avoided the mistake of berating the profession, I wouldn't have had to.

What exactly is a cool wedding video ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What exactly is a cool wedding video ?
    One that costs you one thousand, seven hundred and sixty four pounds presumably. Oddly - that's considerably more than alot of professional wedding vidders.

I did see that on their website and thought it was a bit steep. I don't get why someone would pay that much for DIY video when a Pro would do a better job for the same money. I'm not a wedding videographer, so I don't want to get into any arguments with this "New" trend. I just don't understand it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    ..I don't want to get into any arguments with this "New" trend. I just don't understand it.
    I think there is probably a call for it - no question some people will elect to go the home shoot way in spite of the expense versus a professional job. That coupled with what the final product looks like will almost certainly spell the end of of it in a short while. A flash in the pan I think will best describe it.

The Dragons Den thing inevitably meant there would be some bandwagon jumping - most likely from failed pro vidders who percieve an opportunity to profit.

Conspiquous by their absence are any quality tangible results to view - all very, very quiet on that front.

Blog Entries

Isn't this the same as the two girlies were doing on "Dragon's Den"?
    So, either this bloke has bought a franchise (I hope so, since he's copying stuff verbatim from their website) or he's asking guests to video it because he's not a very good videographer.

I really don't like the way he has to put down professionals, pretend that he's cheaper than a proper video and generally being condescending to pros.

This bloke's marketing's miles off target too - Shouldn't he be aiming at brides? Laugh . . . I thought I'd never start
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

As has been noted, the original posting here rather than on a bride's forum seems designed only to get up people's noses. Although professionals for 30 years we see no reason to be rattled by the idea. Instead, because we believe we already offer one of the best value wedding video packages we've simply incorporated the nub of the idea into our package.

We have included the loan of a camcorder for the honeymoon for some time - the results are authored unedited to a DVD on the couple's return. Recently we've extended this to cover the use of the camcorder by a friend of the bridal couple on the day also delivered as an unedited DVD of the results. This is partly marketing - to capitalise on the publicity gained by the Dragon's Den people - and partly because if there are gems in the general dross then it's a bonus.

In general I'd always prefer to respond positively to inflamatory or contentious posts - I have a hunch that people who post like that might not be the easiest to work with anyway.

Ugh...what a ridiculous way of marketing your product.

All it takes is for the "customer" to compare you to a pro package and your claims of "pro HD camera" or "We will make it look stunning" fall flat on their face!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast