Thread: Moshi moshi stop-motion clip [need feedback]

Talking Moshi moshi stop-motion clip [need feedback]

Hey everyone, basically we are a group of students who were given the task to make a film to introduce ourselves in an interesting video. We chose to do a stop-motion animation of us all.

Please watch the video and critique it, we would really appreciated feedback on it.

Moshi Greeting - YouTube

I like this one better than the first one you posted.

Blog Entries

I liked the fact that you made it with stop-motion rather than digital animation as it gives the video a more organic feel.

For my taste the frames were a bit too far apart. I know that it's a hell of a lot of work to increase the shot count but it's worth it.

I suggest you look at the wonderful stop-frame film "The Secret Adventures of Tom Thumb" (1993) to see what can be done with the technique.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Agree with Midnight - this is superior to the first - presumably because there is a more easily identifiable "point" to teh video.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess the frame rate you have chosen is designed so that the changes sync exectly with each pulse of the music. That's fine, but it does become rather tiring after a few seconds, so I'd be inclined to go down Rob's suggessted route and increase the frame rate/no of shots.

Blog Entries

to add to tim's comment, you can play around with the length off the stills at key changes in tempo, or on specific beats. This enables greater control than sticking with a constant beat / rate.