Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Data on media DVD

Default Data on media DVD

Is there a way to add data files onto a normal media DVD in DVD Achietect Pro V5.0b

I want to add a high quality version of a video onto a DVD along with a media version.

Blog Entries

The only way I could think of attempting it would be to prepare the DVDa files and then burn them on to the disc along with the HQ file via Windows. Like that presumably the DVD would 'boot' when in a DVD player, but also be readable as a normal Data DVD when in a PC. Thats just thinking out loud - I have no idea if it'd work!

I suppose it's worth a try. I borrowed a DVD the other week which had the normal media stuff on it and a version of the movie which you could copy to your computer. That's what gave me the idea.

Blog Entries

You need to set up an "Extras" Folder. Just create one on your hard drive with whatever data files you want in it.
    In DVDA go to File | Properties and on the "Disc Properties" tab look down the list under "DVD-only Features" for "Extras folder".
    Browse to your folder.

Job done.
    Tim

Thanks Tim, I'll give that a go.

Well I've done that now I just need to work out how to get it to play as a menu item.

Blog Entries

Well blow me down with a feather. Thanks Tim. Live and learn eh!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Well I've done that now I just need to work out how to get it to play as a menu item.
    Don't understand. You've created a video DVD. You "Default Programs" in Windows will have been set to associate video DVDs with the media player of your choice. You could, I suppose, set it to open DVDs with Windows Explorer, but this will simply display the root folder of your DVD.
    If you put an ""autoexec" file on the DVD it would no longer be a video DVD and thus would not work in your domestic DVD player (and quite probably won't work in your media player).
    Tim

My idea was to make a media DVD that will play in a normal media DVD player. BUT I wanted a HD version that would play on a computer. So on menu 1 is the normal DVD menu with a link to the "Extras menu" then on this menu I wanted it to link to the HD version that will play if it's on a computer. I don't know if this is possible, it was just an idea.

Can't you just drop both files into DVDA, with a separate button for each one? Then add the extras folder as per Tim's suggestion?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast