Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing audio from clips in Vegas Studio Hd platinum 11

1. Default Removing audio from clips in Vegas Studio Hd platinum 11

Title ^^ , How can I remove the audio from videos that I recorded?

move the clip to the time line select to audio clip press the U key to un-group it from the video track, then press delete.

May I...?
    IMHO There is an easier way, which allows audio to be replaced...or not.. Grab the "gain line" at the top edge of the Audio track (for the particular clip), then drag it down to zero. Sometimes you may find you want it back, so just move the Gain-line up again. Often it is advantageous to allow some of the audio to remain, as this may give rise to Atmosphere. Once deleted it's not so easy to get it back (aklthough it hasn't really "gone away" until you render.

-again the "Show me How"s will give this in a visual tutorial - far easier than asking here.....

As I suggested on another Q-thread, you can Magnify (+) the tracks, to make the Gain-line easy to find...
    Last edited by vidmanners; 10-14-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    May I...?
    IMHO There is an easier way
    Or apply an Audio Envelope to the audio track which will enable you to bring up the audio just for the part you want ...

Or use the mute control for the track (the mute icon on the track header which is to the left of the track on the timeline)

Or use the volume slider on the track header

Or use the volume control or the mute control on the output window

Or apply a Volume FX to the event, the media, the track or the whole project

...and if you had Vegas Pro, you could also route your audio to another bus and use all the track facilities on that instead....

All of these are different ways of accomplishing some of the same things and each has it advantages and disadvantages for diferent tasks.

See? Vidmanners told you VMSP was powerful, didn't he?
    Last edited by TimStannard; 10-14-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    Tim

Plenty of alternatives, I agree, but OP wanted to remove the audio from a specific clip as I read it. Presumably he still wants some audio; so the O/P slider would make the whole project silent...

agreed, the track-slider is a good method, but then you have "all-or-nothing"

I only suggested an alternative, as your original suggestion made it v.difficult to get the Audio back, that's all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    I only suggested an alternative, as your original suggestion made it v.difficult to get the Audio back, that's all.
    Understood. And I only posted a longer list of alternatives, not as a means of criticising your post but to show how very flexible Vegas is.

BTW it was Midnight who initially responded and who are we to say whether the OP wanted to remove all the audio or just some of it? If he wants to remove all the video, then I'd venture Midnight's method is superior to reducing the gain as it will leave a tidier time-line.
    In fact when i want to strip all the audio from a video (this frequently occurs after I have synced a superior sound source with the audio recorded on the camera) I simply delete the unwanted audio track. One click to ungroup the audio, remove the event, and tidy up the tracks. Surely that is the simplest method
    Tim

...and if you had Vegas Pro, you could also route your audio to another bus and use all the track facilities on that instead....
    That's just showing off.

As he did say remove rather than reduce the audio, I just took it that he wanted to totally get rid of it. BUT as the little fecker didn't come back to us we don't really know what he ment.

All's well that ends well, eh?
    Last edited by vidmanners; 10-20-2011 at 02:36 AM.

9. Default

Or he could shoot the video with mic turned off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStorm View Post
    Or he could shoot the video with mic turned off.
    Sorry. Not fit for purpose. He wants to remove audio not not record audio.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast