Thread: Royalty free piano music

Thumbs up Royalty free piano music

Hereís some royalty free piano music, Taylor Hayward Piano Music - Contact Hope this is what youíre looking for

Thank you. I've book marked your site for the future.

Really fantastic playing, learning the piano is up at the top of things to do before I die!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    Hereís some royalty free piano music, Taylor Hayward Piano Music - Contact Hope this is what youíre looking for
    hey man your music is awesome, great playing, but got to tell you it looks like another company called InGrooves has copyrighted some of your songs on youtube and its showing up as copyrighted material, when really they just took one of your songs, and put in some nature sounds over it and mix it all in.

Default It's a problem with YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by oilmanrich View Post
    hey man your music is awesome, great playing, but got to tell you it looks like another company called InGrooves has copyrighted some of your songs on youtube and its showing up as copyrighted material, when really they just took one of your songs, and put in some nature sounds over it and mix it all in.
    This is a known problem with people using my music in their videos on YouTube and they copyrighting it, either by accident which is most likely, or on purpose which I've found happening a few times.

Below is a copy of the letter I sent a month ago to the executives of YouTube's owners, Google. Hopefully they respond positively to removing the violations soon.

TH

--- letter ---

Hello,

My name is Taylor Hayward and Iím a big fan of Google. The reason Iím sending this letter to you is Iím having a problem thatís proving very difficult to remedy through any other method.

In my spare time I record piano music and make in freely available over the internet for people to use for whatever purpose; videos, movies, etc. Over the past few months users of my music who put the songs into their videos have been getting a message saying my music is owned by someone else (!) and that their video will be removed from YouTube. Hereís the entirely of the message they receiveÖ

"Your video, Peace, may include content that is owned or administered by these entities: Entity: Kontor New Media Content Type: Sound Recording" " Matched third party content. View Copyright Info"

Iíve contacted Kontor, a German company, several times but they are unwilling to help track down the problem in any way. Their statement is, ďItís not our fault that someone put your music in our system.Ē (!!)

I looked around YouTube for some time trying to find a form to remedy this situation but to no avail.

Iím just trying to give away free music, itís a really nice gesture and itís getting caught up in the behemoth which is copyright management. And what really stinks is, while Iím just trying to do people a favor by providing my recordings for free they instead get a message that says Iím a thief. (!!!)

Thank you for you time, and if you want to call me you can reach me at (617) 697-2201, my email address is taylor@taylorhayward.com.

Yours,

Taylor Hayward

Default Public Domain

Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    That's despicable behaviour - copyright infringement is one thing, but stealing the copyright is another.

I wonder if it is down to the wording of your copyright statement, which I haven't seen. It is possible if your terms effectively give people permission to use it in any way, in any format, then they may be within their rights to copyright their addition, and because of your statement that you're is copyright free - effectively be able to do what they're doing. I'd suggest you read your terms carefully and see if this could be what's happened. Do you specifically prohibit people editing or using your material in this way? So morally, it's not good, but perhaps legally - they're within their rights, stupid as this may appear?

The music's is the public domain, meaning it can be used for anything, but it can't be copyrighted, not even by me at this point. What they're doing is illegal. In some cases it's a technological mistake where the machine enforces what it thinks is copyright, which is kind of fucked when you think about it, and in other circumstances I've caught people renaming the song and sticking it on their CD for sale on Amazon as their own. Clearly illegal if they copyright the CD.

People wonder why musicians charge for music and this is one reason, fighting this stuff takes time and money, and if you're not independently wealthy, which I'm most certainly not, then I have to resort to writing letters instead of hiring a business to take care of if such as the much hated, and duly so because their legal tactics are often highly suspect, RIAA.

TH