Thread: Are both items the same ?

1. Default Are both items the same ?

Hello everyone,

Looking to buy a video capture device, I came across two sets which seem fine to what I want to do.
    There is the ClimaxDigital VCAP303 and the EasyCap (or EZcap) 116 D60+.
    They both look the same, on its official site ClimaxDigital is selling the VCAP303 but also shows a photograph of the Ezcap (VCAP303 USB 2.0 Video capture with Audio + DVD/VCD Maker from VHS, V8, Hi8.. - ClimaxDigital) on Ebay or Amazon, climaxdigital indicates that EZCap genuine products are only sold by climaxDigital and offer EZCAP products. However there is also an official site for Ezcap Products. ie : EzCAP 116 USB 2.0 video capture. Supersedes EzCAP DC60+. World wide delivery. that sells ezcap116 escapDC60+ and which look exactly the same as the VCAP303.
    Merchants have both a different address, so I am confused. and I cannot get a reply from any of them.
    What do you think ? are they the same products (if you only think they could be, please say so)
    What do you recommend ?
    Thanks for your help in this matter

I'd suggest you find a product on Amazon.co.uk instead.

It costs very little to throw up a website with a domain name these days and you may end up getting stiffed for the item ( Or the seller just does not care ) but if you buy through Amazon you have some protection if the item is faulty/does not function.

May I suggest a PCI card instead of a USB adaptor? You may pay a bit more but it's better value for money.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    I'd suggest you find a product on Amazon.co.uk instead.

It costs very little to throw up a website with a domain name these days and you may end up getting stiffed for the item ( Or the seller just does not care ) but if you buy through Amazon you have some protection if the item is faulty/does not function.

May I suggest a PCI card instead of a USB adaptor? You may pay a bit more but it's better value for money.
    Hi, yes, this is what I wanted to do, buy from Amazon.co.uk, but sellers do not ship to France ... so I am stuck, and there again, on Amazon, both those sellers exists and sell those products, so it still does not help me.
    As for the PCI card, I have not slot on my PC (I have one on my laptop, but it is a 10 years old laptop with a HDD of only 20Go ... so no comments ...)

What about a product apart from those two sellers?

Maybe a Pinnacle Dazzle capture device with software might be better suited? That way you have a dedicated product with support options instead of a cheap made in china adaptor cable that has no support...

5. Default

What about a product apart from those two sellers?

Maybe a Pinnacle Dazzle capture device with software might be better suited? That way you have a dedicated product with support options instead of a cheap made in china adaptor cable that has no support...
    Thanks but Pinnacle Dazzle is too expensive for what I want to do.
    I just want to save some old VHS films, nothing fancy.
    VHS films have not an extraordinary quality, it seems pointless to have a fancy device when what you have to transfer is not top quality.
    Besides, Amazon comments on quality of the products seem fine and does not seem to be any better for the Pinnacle Dazzle products.
    This is why I have choosen those two products and I would like more info on them.

If you have had positive reviews on both products, Go with whichever one you feel most comfortable with ( Or with the seller that replies first! )

7. Default

If you have had positive reviews on both products, Go with whichever one you feel most comfortable with ( Or with the seller that replies first! )
    Yes, right, but this was not my question.
    I want to know if both products are the same, since it looks the same and ClimaxDigital shows a picture of the EZCap under the ClimaxDigital product after it has shown a photograph of its product.
    hence, my question was, and although it had a totally different reference, : are both products the same ?

They both have a photograph labling them as EZCap, So yes, They look like the same product

9. Default

They look like
    Yes, but are they ?

Unfortunately, I cannot enter their warehouse, pick up the parts and examine them All my conclusions are drawn off the website image and the tech spec they give.
    If your unsure, Wait for one of the sellers to get back to you!