Thread: What do I need to know for MY situation....?

Default What do I need to know for MY situation....?

Hello everyone,

Let me start of by saying... NEWBIE, is an understatement..... I know nothing about any of this at all. That is exactly why I joined the forum. I need help, and I am trying to explain what I will be using the equipment for.

I recently have been given the chance by a lot of companies support in the Archery industry, to produce my own hunting dvd series of Bowhunting.
    So almost all of our footage is in the woods... Branches, leaves, trees, etc between ourselves and the object were filming. So honestly with my lil cheap camera, it has the lil auto focus stuff going on that makes it miserable to look at. We have just been videoing our hunts for years, just for ourselves.. No editing or anything like that. But now that all has to change.

I'm not sure of the Camcorder that we need.... Price range $4K-$6K... If cheaper is all I need, then happier I am!

I'm not sure if we should try to get into the editing ourselves for the first Dvd, or would it be more cost and time affective...and most likely better quality to work with someone towards editing??

Obviously I know nothing about this... So is there certain things, tips, tricks that I should look into as well for great quality...? Should I take any classes to learn my equipment, or will that come with time???

I know that this won't be easy. What you guys do is a pure art form.

I don't know if I gave enough information on what were using it for or not, but we are definately filming for hours at a time... and we are out in the boondocks at time!

Thank you everyone.. Hope to hear from everyone.. Sorry for being so dumb, but I hope I'm welcomed into your world with open arms!!

Joe
    ProLine BowStrings
    ProLine BowStrings2010@yahoo.com

Hello,you are in the right place ! Contact me via skype so we can have a discussion - sharky_24

The only advice you need is to go and find a professional video company that can do the whole project for you. The expense of the equipment and the steep learning curve seems far to great for you to produce anything worth having. You have not even expressed any interest in making videos in general so I get the idea that you are not at all experienced.

If however I have misinterpreted your post and you do actually want to get into videography then that is a different thing.

I agree with Midnight, You'd be better off going with a company that is setup and has the expericne to turn around your DVDs to a professional standard.
    For the budget of 4K, You can get a professional in there a very good camera with years of experince to film it, Edit it and produce a stunning work and maybe enough cash in the budget for 2-3 videos. ( If he charges a grand a DVD )

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    The only advice you need is to go and find a professional video company that can do the whole project for you. The expense of the equipment and the steep learning curve seems far to great for you to produce anything worth having. You have not even expressed any interest in making videos in general so I get the idea that you are not at all experienced.

If however I have misinterpreted your post and you do actually want to get into videography then that is a different thing.
    Hello there, and thank you for posting, it is greatly appreciated.

I am very interested in Videography, and would really like to get into this project with myself, and Fiance. We are both very excited to do something of this nature. But you are 100% correct that we have no knowledge. We have been videoing for years, but never to the professional standard where we are going now.

So going into this project, which is leading towards our own Television series, but the DVDs come first... We do need to know what camera equipment would be best for the type of use we will be doing with it.

I do believe once we have all the footage compiled, we will have a professional do the editing. We have already received a lot of Pms willing to help out.

Thank you everyone and anyone for suggestions on the product we will be needing.

Joe
    ProLine BowStrings

Let me also add, the footage compiled, is done over an entire Year before it can be produced into anything. That is a full season of use traveling the United States and Canada.

Thank you again

Joe
    ProLine BowStrings