Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: bit rate and volume levels

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA, between West By God Virginia and Nawth Cackylacky Carolina
    Posts
    3

    Default bit rate and volume levels

    I am making a dvd of various clips.
    So far, 90% looks good. Here's the problem with the other 10% :

    Another clip (all are VOB) during the Make DVD-Prepare phase is said to have too high a bitrate.
    Once I tell the program to recompress one VOB the file seems fine, all runs well, except that specific clip plays audio, but no video
    Is there any standalone utility that can edit a VOB file, change the bitrate and such?

    The audio in each file that does play is varied. Is there a way to balance the levels?
    On the main page, the title screen, all clips are shown as a frame, with the titles below. The frames
    are blank. How can I have the individual clips' previews animate within the frames?

    I am new to the whole process, so feel free to talk down to me in the most simple language you can.
    (Chronologically I am prepared for Social Security, although mentally I am a toddler.)

  2. #2

    Default

    Probably the first concept to get straight here is that your vob files are not strictly speaking video files... kinda.
    A vob file for DVD is an MPEG2 file that has been wrapped in a container and called vob. (Video OBject file)
    Usually when you are editing or compiling video clips into a DVD you work with the underlying MPEG2 files in their pure state.
    This makes it much easier for the software to piece them all together THEN put the final product into a vob file ready for burning to DVD.
    To make this process simpler for you and the software it would be better to use your software to parse( read and understand) the vob files and unwrap (convert) them to MPEG2.

    I am sure that once you try this process with just MPEG2 files things will get simpler.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA, between West By God Virginia and Nawth Cackylacky Carolina
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I say it is a vob file because I saved it as a vob file
    (It was copied from a dvd file onto my pc as a vob file)
    How can I change it from vob to mpeg
    If I change it to mpeg will I not have to be concerned over bitrate?
    Will the volume levels automatically be balanced?
    The compilation I am making is from background interviews who performed, and were otherwise related to actors in, Charlie Chan films from the 1920's and 1930's.
    I'd love to finish the compilation soon, and not sacrifice any of the quality, yet the volume levels are varying from film to film...

Similar Threads

  1. Mastering Sound Levels.
    By three1ne in forum Sound Recording and Audio Editing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 12:54 AM
  2. 'Videos with different sound levels'
    By Wolfheart in forum Sound Recording and Audio Editing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 11:10 AM
  3. normalize volume levels
    By wldrogue0 in forum Sound Recording and Audio Editing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 09:58 AM
  4. Audio Levels
    By fastedit in forum Pinnacle Studio, Edition including Avid Xpress and Liquid
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 09:40 PM
  5. Adjusting multiple clips volume levels???
    By paulmgreen in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 09:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •