Thread: new television programme looking for content

Default new television programme looking for content

Hello,

I thought this may be of interest to some of the members on this forum.

I'm Joe Davis, I'm a television producer at the Media Trust. We're a charity organisation that help other charities to improve their communication, and we also operate the Community Channel (http://communitychannel.mediatrust.org/) .

We're in the process of launching a brand new television programme on the Community Channel that will document and showcase inspiring community news and stories from across the UK. There are so many fantastic community video makers out there, producing excellent work and we think it would be great to compile this content and broadcast it on national television through a new platform- UK360. We want to show how communities are pro-actively reporting on issues in their area and creating positive local change. It's all about grass roots stories and campaigns, we want to give a voice to these individuals and groups who are otherwise unheard in the mass media. Hopefully through the show we can inspire other communities to develop their own community reportage networks. The show will be launching from November 29th and will be airing every Tuesday and Friday, at 7am, 12pm, 7pm and 12am.

I was hoping to find out whether you had made, or would be interested in making a local news video report about a topic or issue of importance to your local area. It can be about absolutely anything as long as it is relevant to your local community. Or perhaps you know of any other videos/ films/news that other friends or colleagues have produced that might work for UK360.

We believe we are offering a great platform for community video reporters to showcase their work to a national television audience through the Community Channel, thereby increasing their profile and experience, not to mention raising awareness for the community issue that their story is highlighting.

If you have any thoughts about community video content you've already made or ideas for a local story I'd love to hear from you. Or if you would like to offer your help in any other way please do get in touch.

We do ask that videos are limited to 3-4 minutes in duration, but if you have already made something that is longer we would love to see it and potentially discuss with you how we can edit it down. Sound quality of your videos must also be of a decent standard in order to be suitable for broadcast.

You can also 'LIKE' our brand new Facebook page to keep up to date with the latest news on UK360 and to enter our video competition;

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UK-360/288502334511698

We look forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,

Joe Davis
    Producer, UK360.

joed@mediatrust.org

www.mediatrust.org
    http://communitychannel.mediatrust.org/
    Community Channel (Virgin 233, Freeview 87 and Sky 539).

Blog Entries

Have you contacted the IAC? This body provides access to most of the amateur video clubs in the country and these clubs are often a hot-bed of local new reporting as well as comprising people who want to make decent films.
    www.theiac.org.uk
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Have you contacted the IAC? This body provides access to most of the amateur video clubs in the country and these clubs are often a hot-bed of local new reporting as well as comprising people who want to make decent films.
    www.theiac.org.uk
    Thanks Tim, I will look into that....