Thread: A typography intro + a documentary trailer.

Default A typography intro + a documentary trailer.

This is my first AE project. I hope you enjoy the video Subscribe, "like" if you do. Thanks.
    The footage is from Sri Lanka.
    2 months for filming. 1 month editing time. 4 hours of rendering.
    Feedback is highly appreciated.
    View in 1080.

Blog Entries

Love the footage, the timelapses, the actual stuff shot in Sri Lanka - but the titles drove me to distraction I'm afraid. Seemed to me they went on... and on... and on...

And then on a bit more.

Kind of like they were there to show off what you could do. Don't get me wrong - they were extremely good - but extremely long for no apparant purpose. One case in point is the camera bouncing around on the name. No actual need for it at all. Just a distraction. They really could have been doing (in my personal opinion) about half what they actually were.

Blog Entries

They looked fantastic, but as Andy suggests, the length is disproportionate to the length of the actual video. Perfect length for a feature film, but way too long for a short montage.

On a related note, how easy would it be for you to template this? It would make a good intro to a wedding video, particularly as this is all the rage for wedding gifts (words personal to the bride and groom printed on canvas).

Titles can be decerative BUT I think they should also be funtional as well. I found a lot of them difficult to read and that's not just due to my substandard education. So on that level they didn't work. Think about slowing some of them down. I presume this is to go infront of a longer piece.

Nice footage.