Thread: Is Macbook pro 13" core i5 ideal for video editing?

Red face Is Macbook pro 13" core i5 ideal for video editing?

I'm really considering purchasing a macbook pro but with limited budget, i can only afford the 13" macbook pro core i5. However i'm having doubts if this is really the laptop i need to do video editing using final cut, premiere, after effects, and possibly animation. The 15" is really the specs i need but its just way too expensive for me...

So anybody using this model to do editing?... i would really love to know how it's performing... Also, does anyone know a software i could use to tweak videos into looking something old?

I have a 13" mbp alongside my iMac and it is by no means ideal. The screen is far to small in all honesty, the specs are so say sufficient if you dont mind waiting around a bit but I wouldn't advise purchasing one as a main editing machine. For the price you pay for macbook Pros you can normally get a much better spec, for a similar priced iMac and I strongly recommend you take that route if your certain you want to take the mac route.

Also try and find a friend or relative that goes to university because that will save you 15% off the original price, 75% off of applecare and quite often you will get a free printer too.

Nick