Thread: Weekend(BMX video)

Default Weekend(BMX video)

Blog Entries

Not bad.
    Some good ideas in there, but you really need more of them.
    The opening shot was great, but then it all went a bit "ordinary". All the shots were wide to mid - keeping the stunts in frame but making it all rather "samey".
    I was about to give up when I saw teh shot of the old woman and the goat. Fantastic! You have an eye for a shot so I thought I'd watch more.
    There were one or two other good shots which added variety, the one along the railway line for example at 2:52.
    I liked the sequence of the rider remving pasrts of the tree - to me it wasn't obvious what was going on, and then it was explained away as we seee him performing a stunt in that area in the next clip: good tension/release.

What it lacked though were shots getting into the action. Showing just part of the rider or the bike. There was one at 1:38 - loads more like that, please.
    Also a couple of hints:
    The old woman and goat - that was a lousy pan from one to the other: when faced with that, simply cut.
    Learn to use manual exposure.You get quite a bit of blooom from the auto (eg 01:1
    Tim