Thread: My first videos

Default First video

Hey everyone ! I've just started learning on my own video montaging and a bit AF .
    I want to show you all my two first videos, it would be cool if you could comment on where i could improve with my videos. Cheers !

(2nd video deleted)
    Please observe the rules for this section - one video per thread. That way comments don't become confusing.

Please post your other video in another thread.
    Last edited by Bachuras; 10-08-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Blog Entries

OK, I'm not sure what's going on here - are there three guys in the film or two?
    It's OK as an exercise in trying out effects, but it doesn't really engage the viewer as we have no idea of the characters' motivation. I can see you attempted a bit of a story rather than just showing the effect, and you tried to create an element of suspence with the opening scene and the music, but that alone isn't really enough. Why are they shooting each other? That's what I need to know as a viewer.
    Tim

I'm with Tim, the walk out down the path is nice enough, but we need to know why the guy is suddenly running for cover and then shot. That shot by the car is way too dark also, I appreciate it's supposed to be dark, but I want to see more contrast and be able to see the shape of the car. Otherwise it's mostly just dark shapes moving around the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    OK, I'm not sure what's going on here - are there three guys in the film or two?
    It's OK as an exercise in trying out effects, but it doesn't really engage the viewer as we have no idea of the characters' motivation. I can see you attempted a bit of a story rather than just showing the effect, and you tried to create an element of suspence with the opening scene and the music, but that alone isn't really enough. Why are they shooting each other? That's what I need to know as a viewer.
    Hm, well this video was made with no intention for explaining anything . How can i say it in english... "for fun" in this video there isn't any explanation, we just wanted to try out effects, montage and sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by clay_9 View Post
    I'm with Tim, the walk out down the path is nice enough, but we need to know why the guy is suddenly running for cover and then shot. That shot by the car is way too dark also, I appreciate it's supposed to be dark, but I want to see more contrast and be able to see the shape of the car. Otherwise it's mostly just dark shapes moving around the screen.
    About the darkness, we just were dumb, because the real footage was shot at dark and quality of the video really was horrible, so we had to use effects to fix it. I also thought about the darkness, but i didn't wanted the scenes to be very unproporcionaly looking(few seconds darker, few brighter) it bugs the creep out of me.

And sorry for my english, if you something didn't understand what i said.