Thread: Minor sound drop outs after burning to disc

Smile Minor sound drop outs after burning to disc

Been using Pinnacle 14 HD for almost a year now. Weird thing happened yesterday - burned a wedding video project to disc and at two points sound disappeared entirely for about a second. Checked the project and there seemed to be volume change markers at those bits (but no massive change in volume, just a slight increase / decrease). Adjusted those slightly just to see if that would solve problem. It did, but when I burned another disc a new problem arose that didn't happen the first time - best man's speech at a wedding the audio loops for about 3 seconds (sounding as if he's rapping!), it then catches up and is all synced ok.

It's frustrating because what I thought was a finished wedding video had minor blips that I only found when I watched the whole thing through.

Any tips or suggestions????!!!

Thanks folks.

I don't know Pinnacle, but I'd check your project properties and DVD conversion to make sure the audio is set the same. Mine is always 48khz
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Update on this - I have discovered that the sound /music jumps (if and when it happens) often at a point in the sound / music where there is a slight gap i.e. there is a pause in a speech or the drums stop for a split second in a song. What is going on ??? Weird. Any ideas?