Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Microphone Seminar for Video Enthusiasts & Professionals

Default Free Microphone Seminar for Video Enthusiasts & Professionals

Hi all,

We thought you may be interested in an audio-for-video microphone seminar we are holding in London on the 23rd November at the SAE Institute between 6:30 and 10:30pm. Amongst the presenters will be award-winning freelance photographer Edmond Terakopian speaking about using microphones with cameras and camcorders. Entrance is free but registration is required. For more details, go to http://www.themicstore.co.uk/themictour and choose the Broadcast/Production show to register.

Thanks for reading!

Matt

Blog Entries

Sounds good. I'll see if I can make it.

If I can register a question in advance, it'd be "Is there any way we can turn off your pesky ads that pop up just about everywhere I go on the web?" It's not quite so bad now but for a couple of months I couldn't turn up a web page without seeing them. I'm sure you think that's good as I've clearly recognised your name, but my reaction was "I'll never buy a mic from them".

However, as you're now giving something back, I might have to reconsider my position
    Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the feedback. It's a tricky one to be honest as it does seem to get more positive than negative points about it. We are making a couple of changes though to reduce the number of days that the advert goes on for once you've visited the site. I'd certainly love you to reconsider your position though! I could always come up with a discount for forum users if that would help suffer the inconvenience???

Matt

Blog Entries

I think I can speak for most us when i say that we're always happy for people to pimp their wares if they offer a discount to forum members
    Tim

Blog Entries

...and it looks like something very interesting and valuable (compare to what's normally pimped) for us here.

Certainly Paul White from "Sound on Sound" knows what he's talking about!

Well Tim, consider it done. 5% off everything on the site regardless of any existing discounts. Just use video5 as a discount code or click the following link for it to be automatically applied...

Buy Microphones | Wireless Mic Systems | Recording Microphones

Please feel free to share this around with friends should you so wish. And don't forget that if anyone needs advice on a mic for a specific situation, you can call us on 0800 098 8079.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Paulears,

Rather than dump all your cookies you can do it selectively so just find themicstore cookie in the list and delete that one.

Just a point however, the advertising thing is seemingly causing people issues but you need to realise that this is not something that we organise, but the site owners with Google. If you weren't seeing our ad at that time, you would be seeing someone elses. It seems however that by having it pointed out it is more prominent. It's just a point as I really don't want the advertising thing to get out of hand. If you visit Dell, you get the same. I visited Webuyanycar.com and for the next while it was their adverts I saw.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Hi again Paulears,

I've done some searching for you and Google gives users the option to opt out of what is known as their DoubleClick cookie by going to the following link and choosing opt-out: Advertising and Privacy ? Google Privacy Center

This will also confirm to you that it is not us that decide to show you our ad, but Google itself based on your own browsing profile. I hope this helps to show you that we are not trying to spam you personally, nor are we making you "computer carry out unwanted activities without their permission".

Regards,

Matt

Blog Entries

Although the seminars are obviously aimed at music recordists rather than videographers they are all worth a visit. The one at SAE on 23rd November looks particularly interesting and all knowledge is useful. The speakers all seem to be experts in their fields and those who are sponsored by a manufacturer have told us who they represent. Some good firms there! Unfortunately I can't make any of the seminars but hope that some of our Digital Directors can.

Blog Entries

I think you're being a little unfair - google ads are the de facto standard; any marketing policy will use adwords predominantly. To single out one company, and particularly one that's gone out of their way to help you, seems a little odd. It's almost as if you have a vested interest!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast