Thread: Video 'bouncing' when rendered - Help me fix this please

Default Video 'bouncing' when rendered - Help me fix this please

Okay; so I record a video file with Dazzle and the output file is perfectly fine. I then record my voice on camera as commentary and then fuse it all together in Sony Vegas Pro 9.0. I keep the Dazzle video file as is with both video and audio; and just use the audio from the camera.
    Then, whenever I render the project as a .wmv or a .mpg it comes out bouning up and down continuously. Normally, it's barely noticable, but when it comes to a screen with static images (e.g. a pause screen) it's very noticeable. The output video file does show bouncing, but it's slightly worse when it's on Youtube. I can confirm it's a result of rendering though. If you want to see what I mean, here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYtSXPiBywk

I
    t starts off with a static pause screen so I guess you should notice it straight away.

So, does anyone know what's causing it? I think if I were to render in a different format, it may not bounce; but then the file size will be massive. At first, it was just .wmv files, but then it became noticeable with .mpg files too.
    I think it may have something to do with the fact that the Dazzle video file has a slightly larger resolution than what I render it as (I think it goes from 720X480 down to 640X480 or something). I also resize the video file to stretch it so that it expands over the whole video area.

Please help me with this problem.
    Thank you in advance,
    Jake!

P.S. Do not reply saying you have the same problem and don't know what to do. Thank you.

Can you confirm your field order in your project properties and rendering properties is either lower field first or non-progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Can you confirm your field order in your project properties and rendering properties is either lower field first or non-progressive.
    In the project properties, it is 'none (progressive scan)'. in the rendering properties it's 'lower field'.

Well, I would find out what your raw footage is and set the properties to that. I would suspect rendering at non-progressive might get rid of the jitters.

Thanks dude, I'll give it a shot soon and see what happens.
    I'll report back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Well, I would find out what your raw footage is and set the properties to that. I would suspect rendering at non-progressive might get rid of the jitters.
    Okay, so the raw file is 'upper field first'. Should I change it's properties, and the project and rendering properties all to 'Non Progressive' or to 'upper field first'?

I would set it to Non Progressive if it's intended for YouTube.

Okay; I've changed it all to None Progressive and it all works perfect now!
    I cannot thank you enough. Thanks!

It is thanks enough to know I've made someone happy. OR just click on the thanks button.

10. Default

Well, the video seems to have this weird lag effect if everything is on 'None Progressive'; so I've changed them all to 'Upper Field First' and the videos work perfectly.

Anyways, thank you very much again!