Thread: tripod as steadycam trick

1. Default tripod as steadycam trick

have anyone tried the tripod as steadycam trick to see how well it fairs against a real steadycam?

vimeo.com/​videoschool/​lesson/​110/​tripod-tricks

I've not seen that video, But I decided to use a Velbon Tripod with an XHA1 mounted on top as a "grip" for the Camera. This was for spontaneous randoms on the street vox pops so lots of moving around and sudden stops to record a person quickly, so no time to faff with setting up a Tripod.

For me personally I got a pro look in terms of steady camera shot with a little bit of wobble but I was more than happy with making that compromise.

If you want, I can drop a rough youtube version of the video to you via, I cannot publish it on here for privacy reasons.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    I've not seen that video, But I decided to use a Velbon Tripod with an XHA1 mounted on top as a "grip" for the Camera. This was for spontaneous randoms on the street vox pops so lots of moving around and sudden stops to record a person quickly, so no time to faff with setting up a Tripod.

For me personally I got a pro look in terms of steady camera shot with a little bit of wobble but I was more than happy with making that compromise.

If you want, I can drop a rough youtube version of the video to you via, I cannot publish it on here for privacy reasons.
    That would be great bpotter, i would appreciate the youtube vid.

I dropped you a link...which reminds me I need to get one of my own videos on here so the pros can give me some feedback