Thread: Create Titles looking like game intro descriptions

Default Create Titles looking like game intro descriptions

Hi guys

I got a question with my Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5: I'd like to make a title in the beginning of the video which looks just like the beginning of some game missions: The text is on the bottom left and it's scrolling in someway, one letter afther the other, and a high metallic sound.

I got a sample here:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Brutal Makarov Airport Scene (18+) - YouTube (only the beginning, you don't have to watch the rest )

Thanks for your help and regards

Florian

To save people watching this horrible scene. What he wants is the old style green type computer typing on a poor resolution screen like you would see on computers when they were around in the 80's.
    I'm not a Premiere user so I can't help.

3. Default

You'll find some cool text presets in Adobe Bridge for After Effects. Go to Bridge and Open the After Effects > Text folder. You'll see some cool presets for "Animate In" and "Animate Out" that do similar things. Check it out.

Smile

Well, I do not really like working with after effects. But I found a quite nice way to do this, it's just a crop-blend over it which goes to the right ans shows the text behind. With a cool sound effect, this is just the thing I need

But thank you very much for your help!

5. Default

Glad you got it working. I like the wipe effect (not a transition) with a soft edge for revealing text in this manner.
    Kevin Monahan
    Sr. Content and Community Lead
    Adobe After Effects - Adobe Premiere Pro
    Adobe Systems, Inc.
    San Francisco, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    To save people watching this horrible scene.
    It truly is disturbing...I'm used to watching violence in movies where there are battles that make sense, but the video depicts pure and violent murder of innocent people. And it gratifies that in a video game.

I'm sure the user could have found another video to use with the same text title effect...