Thread: Can not uninstall Pinnacle studio 14 from Control panel!

1. Default Can not uninstall Pinnacle studio 14 from Control panel!

WINDOWS 7 (64) Pinnacle Studio 14 HD Ultimate / Q6600 2.4 GHz / 8GB DDR2

This is incredibly frustrating! I don't know if this is a Windows problems or a AVID Pinnacle Studio program problem, but i already spent an hour with their support and he ended up giving me a REVO Uninstall utility to either uninstall, or force-Uninstall this program.

I first went to control panel, Remove Pinnacle Studio 14 from the list, then I get this message, "

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version, use add/remove programs on the control panel."

I tried to manually remove from WIN Explorer, then the registry files that had anything to do with Pinnacle Studio/Studio/Pinnacle.

Rebooted Computer. Went back to control panel and tried it again, well the same message with that annoying windows sound trumpet...did not make me feel any better.

I went to Pinnacle chat. I downloaded the REVO. Ran it. and advanced, deleted all associated files with Studio or Pinnacle. Got that same message again....I AM NOT TRYING TO INSTALL ANYTHING..I AM TRYING TO REMOVE IT FROM MY COMPUTER, BECAUSE OF CRASHING DURING VIDEO EDITING, AND LOSMY TITLES AND MOTIONS! SO NOW I HAVE TO UNINSTALL, THEN RE-INSTALL.

This will not stop popping up>

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version, use add/remove programs on the control panel."

I had wiped/formatted my old XP drive with Studio 12, on a new Win7 O.S. (64) and Studio 14 HD, so I am not upgrading a newer version of Studio on the same computer.

Thank you for any help!

Have you read my reply to your thread? http://www.videoforums.co.uk/pinnacl...tml#post168722
    Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    "8 Trojan BHO files originating in the registry files." = DANGER
    Clearly, There are issues with your system, With the presence of viruses and what appears to be a corrupt HDD, I would suggest that you find a professional IT engineer in your local area