Thread: Not had one of these in a while .....

Default Not had one of these in a while .....

Been some time since we had a tell us your system spec post

I'm toying with the idea of a new system, mainly to take advantage of Premieres mercury playback engine.

I would like to know what format footage you edit, the spec of your machine and how it copes with your footage

Ta

The footage I have from my HVX is .mxf files with DVCProHD/DVCPro100 codec. OR if I ever shoot SD with I haven't done for ages it's .avi with DVCPro50 codec. My PC Spec is:-

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Extreme
    Processor: Quad Core i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz
    Memory: 6Gb
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
    160Gb SSD (OS & programs)
    3 Tb internal HDD (media and storage) No raid array, ie just run as seperate drives.
    3 Tb external back HDD (back up)

The system copes very well with raw 1080 footage but once there is colour correction or special effects or a number of tracks etc.. I have to lower the preview quality to get it to run smoothly. Rendering times are very good. for example "The Flame" shot in 1080-25p had 8 Video tracks and 7 audio tracks with lots of motion graphics, FX, Colour correction, Audio FX etc....Running time 11 mins, Rendering time 30 min. A simple 2 or 3 video track with a couple of audio tracks usually renders real time ie 5 min video takes 5 mins to render.

I am generally happy with how it runs with Sony Vegas.

cheers MB

Anyone else ?

I'm keeping my new system build a secret...Until it is sitting next to me and I can start bragging

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    I'm keeping my new system build a secret...Until it is sitting next to me and I can start bragging