Thread: Sony release two new software packages

Default Sony release two new software packages

SCS has released two new products today for the consumer market, but I think the HitFilm one looks interesting, it has particles and composting effects.

So on to the first one, a good one for the the lazy editor..
    moviEZ HD automatically creates professional-looking home mo
    vies in just a few clicks — no video editing experience required! With full HD media support and powerful features, your movies and photos are moments away from being ready to share with friends, family and the world — it's that EZ!

The second one a bit more interesting...
    Comprehensive video editing, audio production, special effects creation, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD authoring come together in a single, powerful solution. The Visual Effects Suite has all the creative tools you need to unleash your inner filmmaker. Produce personal sci-fi, fantasy or action-adventure movies. Use the suite to turn everyday video into entertaining masterpieces. Easily edit video in almost any format including high definition and stereoscopic 3D. Powerful, easy to use audio-video tools help you achieve feature-film results in your home studio, with a wide variety of delivery options.

HitFilm Standard, developed by UK-based effects experts at FXhome Ltd., transforms your movies with advanced 2D and 3D compositing, extensive film-look filters and over 40 visual effects. Create explosions, shockwaves, and fire with drag-and-drop particle effects. Add 3D gunfire to bring action sequences to life, and replace green screen backgrounds using advanced compositing features. HitFilm Standard — perfect for beginning filmmakers and first-time effects editors.

HitFilm Standard, developed by UK-based effects experts at FXhome Ltd., transforms your movies with advanced 2D and 3D compositing, extensive film-look filters and over 40 visual effects. Create explosions, shockwaves, and fire with drag-and-drop particle effects. Add 3D gunfire to bring action sequences to life, and replace green screen backgrounds using advanced compositing features. HitFilm Standard — perfect for beginning filmmakers and first-time effects editors.
    Newsletter
    A test done in 10 minutes, took longer for the render & upload

Blog Entries

The Movie Studio Effects Suite is unbelievablly good value at £126+VAT for VMS + HitFilm Standard.

The demo of moviEZ you posted was extremely annoying. I appreciate it's clever and quick, but I certainly wouldn't consider that professioanl-looking - I don't think you need to be concerned you'll be made redundant! I trust it can do more subtle stuff. Thanks for posting.
    Tim

It will never be pro, but just to show that it's for those who have no patience or wants to learn anything and just wants a video and now.
    The one I made it did tell me I had 122 to many photos, so it does guide you but I just ignored it. It does have some fine tuning if you look a bit deeper as well and want to take the time.
    There are themes from normal xfades to the bouncy one I used, with control over them

Are they only for movie studio can they be used in Vegas Pro ? I'm reminded of my old Pinnacle Studio where you could make whole video from one click of the mouse almost. I like the idea of the HitFilm for colour grading as I'm really rubbish at that sort of thing.