Thread: A motocross session

Default A motocross session

Hi all,

Here is one of my lastest video release, have a quick look to this cool sport that is motocros. Short film which couple sport, happiness and labour

Enjoy,

Max

Blog Entries

I preferred this to your others. It's still got some great shots, perhaps not as impressive as some of the other Glidecam work, but good nonetheless, and the helmet-cam works really well, but more importantly there's a bit more of a human element in there - quite a few shots of people and faces. If you can somehow work it so you get more of a sense of a narrative, and follow one or two people specifically, I think it will make the films even more watchable. Some sort of opinion/slant, rather than simply reporting events might make them even more interesting.
    Tim

hey tim,

thanks for your POV, it's good to see that people look carefully at your work For the story stuff that wasn't really the idea here as the 2 boys I shot in the beginning were not good enough to be able to impress watchers so I had to film other pilots. I think you're rigt a story would definitely catch the attention the all way through, however it ask some preparation before and people acting for the movie. So I definitely couldn't make it here. I'll keep that in mind and when I'll have a proper subject for a story I'll try

thanks again.

Max

Having a narrative doesn't mean people have to "act" in the movie. It just means creating a sence of story through the shooting/editing process. Your English is very good but I think you lost something in the translation on that one.

I also liked this. You seem to have a natural eye for a good shot and a natural feel for editing. What is your video experience. I got your PM, look me up when you get to York. We can have a long nerdy conversation about videography. My number is on my website.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I got your PM, look me up when you get to York. We can have a long nerdy conversation about videography.
    You are aware of the rule that says if you meet up after making contact though Digital Director, you have to arrange for your nerdy videography conversation to be a webcast
    Tim

Hey Midnight blue,

Yeah you're right, telling a story does not inevitably mean people acting, even if this does help to make the film. Wasn't really a mistake, just that I did not really think about it, but anyway. I got you PM by the way and I'll definitely give you a call someday once up there . Thanks again all for your comments, it is of a great help and I take note of everything for the next projects

Max