Thread: Corsica the Magic Island (the most beautiful Island on earth)

Default Corsica the Magic Island (the most beautiful Island on earth)

Hi all,

wanted to get your comments on this one shot on a lost island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea. Have a look and let me know what you think

MAx

Very nice images. I can't belive your as mad as me and carted a load of gear around the island.

Blog Entries

Can't criticise the image choice or quality. The only thing that let it down for me was rather too many fades through black - it made it look a bit like turning pages in a photo album rather than a flowing story.
    Tim

it made it look a bit like turning pages in a photo album rather than a flowing story.
    And that's a bad thing for a holiday video ?

classy holiday video. care to share your recording set up ? particularly interested in the glide shots.

woops please delete.

hey, I only use a glidecam and a Canon 7D with the 18-135mm for this video. that's all any more question about set up ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    And that's a bad thing for a holiday video ?
    Obviously it's my personal opinion, but in this case, yes. With a photo album, you can take as much or as little time over each photo, before effectively switching off and then on again for the next "scene". With a video, the pace is directed by the editor, and it gave me feeling, albeit slight, a bit like someone turning the light on and off or maybe switching channels on a TV. I wasn't in control as I would be with a photo album, therefore I'd like to be led gently from one scene to the next. (With maybe an occasional harsh cut for effect). The transitions (within which i'd include fades through black) are best used infrequently and left for major and changes in location or time, as with movies.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdreamcreator View Post
    hey, I only use a glidecam and a Canon 7D with the 18-135mm for this video. that's all any more question about set up ??
    Amazing video, loved it. Just a few questions about exposure in bright sunlight, its one thing I mess up the most. Shot some footage at the beach a few weeks back and when I got a proper look at it its horribly over exposed. What settings do you use in daylight like that?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob2k View Post
    Amazing video, loved it. Just a few questions about exposure in bright sunlight, its one thing I mess up the most. Shot some footage at the beach a few weeks back and when I got a proper look at it its horribly over exposed. What settings do you use in daylight like that?
    Right, it is indeed something that happened to me quite a few times. It's never really easy to adjust the exposure of the scene especially when you're working on a DSLR. So, my advises are, bring up the brightness of your screen to the max, to get a better view on what you are doing ( If you are rich, get a Zacuto viewfinder which is great, though you cannot use it with a glidecam). I pretty much always work with a Polarising filter on, which makes a Huge difference in your colour render, I really do recommend it if you want to get warm colours, such as deep blues and warm greens . Eventually the last thing that I would say is that you can try to bring down the exposure of 1 to 3 steps bellow to underexpose your scene. At worse if the footage was to be to dark, it is always easier to bring its light up a bit than to doing the opposite

Hope that helped

Thanks for watching