Thread: The coolest thing ever ! 5 crazy min check it out ;-)

Default The coolest thing ever ! 5 crazy min check it out ;-)

Hi all,

We shot our last video during the last 2 weeks, and here is what we eventually ended up with As I'm obviously on the perfect forum to get feed back on video technic, I'd like you to tell me what you think of anything, artistic POV, technic, music, content....

Please if you like it don't hesitate to visit my channel for more videos and to subscribe it !! maxdreamcreator's Channel - YouTube

We also need to get the counter view to take off, so please make sure you share it on facebook or else if you enjoy it

can't wait to read you

maxdreamcreator

Great job.

Nice to watch, good pace, - but if you want crit - then the subject is a tad dark, needs lighting, etc to stand out against the scene which take the eye..... er, but much better than anything I've done . . . .
    I suggest some home-made reflectors, mounted on seaparate tripods.

Also....can you say how you managed the glide-thro.... really steady.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    ..can you say how you managed the glide-thro.... really steady.
    The OP used a Glidecam - says so in the header of the video and it also comes into shot at one point.

On that very subject - for me there was a smidge too much Glidecam footage for my taste. Watched it through three times and its just a personal observation but I think it was overdone a tiny bit. Other than that - top job.

Blog Entries

Excellent job gererally. Really smooth Glidecam work.

If I'm looking for criticism I'd say there's too much Glidecam. In the early stages, after the "wow" factor had worn off, I started to get a bit bored with seemingly endless repeats of similar types of shots. The film then redeemed itself as you started introducing other characters and showed them observing and having a go. This immediately increases the audiences interest - we're seeing people, actions and reactions. This is what makes a film, for me, at any rate. A montage of well shot footage of someone doing some clever tricks is great - but you really need something the "personal" element if it's going to work for more than a couple of minute. How many faceless bmx or parkour videos do we see that lose our interest?

With that in mind, I'd have liked the earlier section (where you're just showing the guy's skills and the fancy camerawork) cut down somewhat and even more in the way of personal shots - close ups of the guy's face as well as his audience, closeups of the diabolos.

I thought the "cloned" section was very well done. Try as I might I could not see the join in the first throw to the "second" guy.

Great job.

EDIT@ Oh yeah, I liked the way you kept a bit of ambient in from the conversations with the "trainees"
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    The OP used a Glidecam - says so in the header of the video and it also comes into shot at one point.

On that very subject - for me there was a smidge too much Glidecam footage for my taste. Watched it through three times and its just a personal observation but I think it was overdone a tiny bit. Other than that - top job.
    yeah, I think so too, that's after getting few feed back that it standout that there are to much glidecam shots. I'll take that onto account for the next one, I really need to get a Glidetrack though, but my budget is still tight thw for the constructive comment
    Max

To Andy,

yeah was actually hard to manage the light correctly, as my friend is black I kinda insist for him to wear light clothes but he couldn't really find something white :-(( I did few shot with a reflector actually, I think it worked pretty good, but I couldn't use at all time, and I don't have any projector :-(

I definitely take into account for the too many glidecam shots,

thanks for your comments, and if you know anyone, who can bring his POV, please let him come here !!

Max