Thread: A suitable editing software for my kind of editing style

Default A suitable editing software for my kind of editing style

Hi all,

I was desperately searching a community exclusive of video editing and I am very happy that I have reached the correct destination.

I am not a professional editor but a hobbyist creating/editing personal videos of wedding/travel/functions etc for our own family/friends viewing. I am currently using Corel VideoStudio X4 Pro and overall satisfied with its capabilities. But, I feel still there is something that I am missing. I think that whether what I am thinking comes under the editing or the special effects category. I am posting a youtube link of what I mean by that, it shows like so many scenes edited within split seconds and compiled. I am sorry for my english as I don't know how to express in words, so the reason I put up this link to make you all understand what I meant.

Youtube link: Anwar Malayalam Movie Song - Kanninima Neele [HD] - YouTube

I have downloaded the HitFilm Ultimate (demo version) today for trial purpose for testing and not started using it. I would like to know, what kind of software is used to create these kind of editing (or special effects) techniques.

NB: Pardon me if I have posted this in the wrong section. (Mods pls move to this to appropriate section, if wrong)

Any reasonable editing software could produce the example video. It's more about the camera movement than special FX.