Thread: Sony Vegas vs. Vegas Movie Studio HD 11.0 effects

Default Sony Vegas vs. Vegas Movie Studio HD 11.0 effects

So hey... ahah first post and I am wondering what is the difference between sony vegas and vegas movie studio HD 11.0? I am using vegas movie studio HD 11 because I find that sony vegas is just WAAAAAAAY to expensive. So are the effects the same? can you download extra effects for vegas movie studio HD 11? Please let me know

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

About 400 pounds, no it has a lot more under the hood, especially scripts, gawd bless them

London, England

Reply #2
    Link comparison - I notice that text "ProType Titler" is only in Pro-version, yet on SonyCreative website last week, I watched a Tutorial that said studio v11 did include this feature.
    This was made a special point as older "projects" would have to use the earlier text-creation tool, renamed "Classic Text" - - - DYOR.

Does anyone know if Sony (perhaps) changed their mind? As it might be said that Titling is one of Vegas Studio's weaknesses.
    With Pro Titler I watched text being moved about by using the Preview screen, so much easier to judge the artistic effects. I think it also showed a rotation feature. I suspect this may have been necessary to include the 3D-text handling, so easier to use an existing module (from Pro), rather than write one that's almost the same.

I'm still with Studio v10, not impressed by Sony's "offer" to upgrade, having only had the prog 5 months....... and already, I can buy a boxed version for less.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 10-01-2011 at 07:58 PM.

VP11 has a cut down version, you can use the pan and scan with the titler to add more effects

East Kilbride, Scotland

Note though that the 'Titles and Text' plugin in VP11 is very buggy in respect of key frames. Try some animation using key frames. Then go back later and change the font size or something like that, and watch your key frame settings disappear. Grrrrrrr Sony. :-(

Incidentally Sony have advised me that this will be fixed in the next build.
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.