Thread: CaMcOrDeRs!!!!

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight

Default CaMcOrDeRs!!!!

hey y'all! I've recently come to realise the importance of taking good film over buying a tech'd up camera, however, I'm going through a bit of an upgrade from what I would normally use... to that end, I would appreciate your thoughts on which camera to buy?? I have narrowed everything down; which includes putting a stringent budget in place and I'm looking for anyone who has an opinion on the Panasonic HDC-TM900. Yes, a small consumer model, but the type of film I'm looking to do, I don't have the space to carry about as I hope to do docu-style filming and also a few showcase films in sports etc. but all outdoor shooting, so I need to have light kit. I've so far also added a GoPro to my gear, so require something that will match the quality of film to achieve some kind of continuity between scenes!

Hope this all makes sense and look forward to any advice

To hang with it... just gonna get it!

The TM900 is a very nice camera. I haven't used it but all the reviews say it's good. I am a Panasonic fan.

Cheers! I've read many different reviews and Panasonic appear to be receiving the best reviews for this grade of camera. I've only used Sony mini dv cameras before, but ramping up the amount of filming I'm doing and putting more thought into it haha! but also bought HD Gopro for shooting snowboarding, outdoor scenes etc. and the quality from the dv I have to that is substantially mismatched! Was wanting to do some documetary-style filming and I've read this forum relentlessly and realised the importance of improving audio etc. so that'll be next on the agenda once i get to grips with using the camera. Thanks though, as I know there are lots of people here with great advice, for me it's quite a few quid to spend if there were any strong complaints about it!

Again not used the camera myself but the reviews look great! I have a camera in a similar class the Sony CX550 and it never fails to impress me, for what is supposedly, a consumer camera. Judging by the reviews and stats the HDC-TM900 is potentially better again so I can't see you will be going far wrong with your decision.

Oh no! don't give me alternatives! haha! j/k, yeah think i'm gunna go with it! *gets out visa* *bites the bullet*